2020/21 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donald Trump proved that if you repeat a lie often enough it can be accepted as the truth.

Some on here kept repeating about how poor Davies was and the sheep joined in echoing the lie.

Tom Davies is a very good young footballer, he will still have bad games and he will still make mistakes as all players do, but as he gets older they will reduce. He still is very much on a learning curve.
A future captain of the club .

Have no problems saying I didn't think he was good enough although I really wanted him to be. His last two performances have been exceptional though and it would be massive for the club if he can keep progressing. Local lad who loves the club. Go on Tom la

Have been far from his biggest fan as any search on my posts in this thread will show! Happy to admit however he's been excellent in the last two games, fingers crossed he can kick on from here and continue the progress he has made!

Why does it have to be either extreme? Manager seems to like him and pick him regularly enough and I reckon he knows a bit more about football than me (or any of you).

Wears blue and tries every time, good enough for me. He's relatively young, learning and improving and getting over two complete knob-head managers, who ruined his game. Cut the boys some bloody slack.
THis!
He just does his job and its fine. WHen he has a worldy, people complain tat he doesnt do it every week

Donald Trump proved that if you repeat a lie often enough it can be accepted as the truth.

Some on here kept repeating about how poor Davies was and the sheep joined in echoing the lie.

Tom Davies is a very good young footballer, he will still have bad games and he will still make mistakes as all players do, but as he gets older they will reduce. He still is very much on a learning curve.

Come on, these weren't isolated bad games or mistakes - he's been poor for 3 seasons now. We're all made up that there's finally been a big improvement in past few weeks but let's not go rewriting history.

I think one thing is clear about Tom Davies and that is that he does care a lot about wearing the Blue shirt. Plenty on here have said he just does it for the money but I don't see that at all. Carlo is no mug. He has stuck with him and made him better, same with Siggs who looked fit for the scrap heap game after game. We are still a long way off where we want to be but we are seeing the majority of players improve under Carlo and that has to be a good thing. Even if it just increases their value when they do move on. But I can't understand the desire of so many on here to constantly slate players as being completely [Poor language removed]. None of them are, but playing in the best league in the World can make you look that way. Davies should have gone out on loan a few season ago and may well have benefitted from it but he didn't. Main thing is though is that Carlo sees something in him. I'd never presume to have the footballing knowledge that he does so can only hope he makes more good choices than bad ones, which so far he definitely has. He'll also strengthen us in the summer and many may get their wish and see the back of Davies, Siggs, Gomes, Bernard, Iwobi, Coleman etc. But if we don't then just keep supporting what Carlo is doing because it's better than anything else we've seen in god knows how many years!

Come on, these weren't isolated bad games or mistakes - he's been poor for 3 seasons now. We're all made up that there's finally been a big improvement in past few weeks but let's not go rewriting history.

At no point this season has he been our worst performing player, yet every single time we’re losing and he’s on the pitch this thread is full of people calling him the worst player in the whole league. “Hasn’t played well since that City game 4 years ago” is a popular one to get trotted out which is just complete fantasy, he had much better games in that very season. His progress has definitely stalled the past few years, but our fans have most definitely over exaggerated how bad he is.

Delighted for him with his recent improvement in form. I think a lot of it is down to a confidence thing with him.
I think also that he has been adversely affected by being coached/ managed by a couple of absolute losers , prior to Carlo's arrival.
That has probably stalled his development more than anything. Keep it up la !

I would happily impeach every single anti-Davies poster on this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.