2020/21 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to sleep with a Tom Davies' inspired Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You stuck in my head and it's still here this morning...

Da da da da da da da da da da da…
We love Tom Davies and if it's quite alright
We love Tom Davies on European nights
We love Tom Davies, trust us when we say

It's vague and it's silly, but it's always been a good sign of the club feeling fun when songs start popping up in my head.

Local lad (I literally live 10,000km away and shouldn't really care that he is). I'm really made up that he is a local lad. Came up through the ranks. I really hope he goes on to be a mainstay at out club and in time becomes a legend. For those that have nothing nice to say about him - shame on you... I who am not English and have never been to England wants to see this boy do well with us.

Edit - apologies if there are any typos. Having a few celebrating our win after being teetotal the whole of 2021.

I’ll hold my hands up, I’ve been one of his biggest critics but if he continues to perform like he has the last 2 games I’ll be delighted. He’ll look even better when Allan comes back into the side.
Same, but like any player, it can’t be good games for two and then back to type. He has to show that consistency in his performances now and have a solid 4 months.

two games don’t make a player but he has give himself the opportunity to win people over, stake a claim for his place and the chance of finding his purpose in this team.

as I said already, his best performance in a blue shirt in his career. Time to build on that.

Same, but like any player, it can’t be good games for two and then back to type. He has to show that consistency in his performances now and have a solid 4 months.

two games don’t make a player but he has give himself the opportunity to win people over, stake a claim for his place and the chance of finding his purpose in this team.

as I said already, his best performance in a blue shirt in his career. Time to build on that.
He has though, people just can't see it

I wish I was at GP last night so Davies could run up to me after the match and punch some sense into me .
I could not see a player there at all . These last 7 days he has made me look like a typical RS fan . Clueless .
I was watching the ToffeeTV fella , the less pompous one . He was saying that Koeman and Silva ruined him by saying he couldn't play as a number six although he always played a blinder there in the England U21s .
Is this a popular viewpoint ? Is it just that his confidence was smashed by Beavis and Butthead ?
You get players who come through and really are comfortable in a few different positions like Godfrey. Others really need to be in the right position to showcase their talents. Hopefully the Tominator has truly turned a corner in his career

Think we need to reign it in a little lads, He's put in two very sound performances and deserves a lot of plaudits but lets not get ahead of ourselves. He doesn't come close to our starting 11, Would I keep him around as a squad player? Absolutely. I think he's trustworthy and can do a job on low wages.
If he wants to be a regular starter or player he needs to put performances like this on the regular.

Think we need to reign it in a little lads, He's put in two very sound performances and deserves a lot of plaudits but lets not get ahead of ourselves. He doesn't come close to our starting 11, Would I keep him around as a squad player? Absolutely. I think he's trustworthy and can do a job on low wages.
If he wants to be a regular starter or player he needs to put performances like this on the regular.

I think its who he mixed it with last night though to PEH, Ndombele, Winks and Sissoko, there is a fair bit money, hype in there.

I wonder is it also the lads hes training with, i imagine if you are training with Allan and The Duke, even Delph you have to be on it, they are an experienced crew and i can imagine as a young player that might help to be bring you on. Id say even competing against the likes of Jamo in training is an eye opener.

Thing that always struck me about Tom even when he was being binned on here was every manager through the door and we have had a good few, always had trust in him.

But his job of work is maintaining this standard consistently.

He has though, people just can't see it

He hasn't though, at no point in his Everton career has Tom Davies taken a game by the scruff, battled for anything and everything, moved the ball smartly, drawn fouls consistently, stood up and be counted. He has never gone over a long period of showing his ability.... He has never put in a performance like last night until last night. (This isnt to say he cant have a bad game in that, but his level of performance needs to be good). He has a lot to do to win over those including myself that have been critical.

HOWEVER, because I don't want this to be a criticism of him, it isn't. What not only did Tom Davies achieve last night in a MOTM performance (in my eyes), he has shown all the doubters (including me) what he is CAPABLE of. Now it is up to him to go and follow it up by doing it week in, week out. It doesn't mean he can't have a bad game here and there, he is only human, but he has to do it regularly, something he has never done in his Everton career. If he had it done regularly there wouldn't be so many doubters.

@JMT has it, people can't get ahead of themselves, enjoy the performance, but he has to do it regularly now. He isn't a starter for me, but if he is going to be like he was last night then there is a future for him in our squad. He has put it in his own hands now with his last two games, up to him to go and take it.

The same applies for Gomes by the way. Another who has had a good game here and there but has never been solid for a period of time at Everton. Now he appears to have impressed CA recently (whether this is just man management maybe), so again, it's up to Gomes to go and have a solid few months and stake his claim to be a part of CA's plans.

I think its who he mixed it with last night though to PEH, Ndombele, Winks and Sissoko, there is a fair bit money, hype in there.

I wonder is it also the lads hes training with, i imagine if you are training with Allan and The Duke, even Delph you have to be on it, they are an experienced crew and i can imagine as a young player that might help to be bring you on. Id say even competing against the likes of Jamo in training is an eye opener.

Thing that always struck me about Tom even when he was being binned on here was every manager through the door and we have had a good few, always had trust in him.

But his job of work is maintaining this standard consistently.

Agree with this all. Playing with quality improves your game, and also threatens it that you may be replaced (We've probably seen this with Siggurdsson).

Every manager must have seen him in training, what he can add to the team and they've struggled to get it out of him in matches. Perhaps CA has, or will find that ingrediant to let him flourish.

I think he makes my starting 11 in the big games now after those performances.

I’d love to see us line up in the derby with Tom and Allan holding and Doucoure box to box with James, Richy and DCL in attack.

If he can do it against star studded United and Spurs midfields, he can do it against the RS.

Status
Not open for further replies.