2020/21 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did well in the six today allowed Allan to roam and hunt the ball. Was baffled why he didn't start vs Villa...
Carlo has been here 18months now, how haven't people worked out that he likes to change things.

I know people have their favourites and people they hate, but we need to realise that he's not going to keep doing the same things over and over again.

Carlo has been here 18months now, how haven't people worked out that he likes to change things.

I know people have their favourites and people they hate, but we need to realise that he's not going to keep doing the same things over and over again.
Oh I trust Carlo he is a world class manager I'm some fella in my undies commenting on a Everton forum. Just saying we missed the legs versus Villa but he obviously had his reasons.

If we get Europe Davies will be essential. As part of your 25 man squad 4 have to be club trained. Davies is the only player in the current squad who meets this criteria so next season as it stands we are going with a 22 man European squad. Plus B list players but it will mean some of our first team will miss out.

....he’s doing fine. He’s another that looks better when the right players are around him. There’s a lot of ‘old school’ in his competitiveness that might not be suited to the modern game but is quite refreshing.

I like the lad & I quite like he’s associated with our club. He’s not a first name on the team sheet but Ancelotti will need players like him.

If we get Europe Davies will be essential. As part of your 25 man squad 4 have to be club trained. Davies is the only player in the current squad who meets this criteria so next season as it stands we are going with a 22 man European squad. Plus B list players but it will mean some of our first team will miss out.
Wouldn't DCL count?

He'll never be a starter but he's good enough to be rotated or used if needed due to injuries or other problems and that's fine.
Have no problem keeping him, It's a squad game after all.

Who cares, I’m only interested in the team doing well. It’s great if you have a few homegrown players in the team. But if you don’t, then that’s tough. Should be no sentiment at Everton
Conversely if we had no home grown players we would be pointing the finger at the youth and reserves for not developing them.

Until we have 6 or 7 first team home grown players who are amongst the best with the rest being the best players from around the world there's always room for improvement.

Alas Tom Davies is not part of that end game scenario. Prove me wrong Tom, prove me wrong.

We obviously need a higher level if we get into Europe and someone with a few more dominant attributes. But he’d be good for the bench and as a squad player.

Hopefully we can offload Gomes, Delph and Besic (might be out of contract) in the summer and bring a quality player in to play with Allen and Doucoure.

No non of our signed in players were signed at a young enough age to meet the club trained criteria. They have to have been registered with us for 36 months between the age of 15 and the season they turn 21.
That will be good for 4 of our youth players then, i'd imagine someone like Tyrer will be on that list.
Onyango & Small too?

Status
Not open for further replies.