2020/21 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the game last night I was getting cheesed off with Delph and his crab-like performance (barring the cross-field pass for the goal). However, we never looked in any danger with him playing, cue the arrival of Davies and it felt a lot less comfortable.

I guess I need to eat some humble pie as on the performance Delph is the better option.
He was fit for the first time in 6 months though. At least Tom is never injured

I think he needs to go out on loan. Now we have our new recruits I can't see him starting many games and Sigurdsson and Delph are going to be unshiftable I suspect so will hang around and there is also Gbamin to return. After this week the season reverts to one game a week until mid December so opportunities are going to be sparse. Its not the end he is the same age as Kenny was last year. I just fear he will start going backwards if he just gets short cameos here and there. At his age you need to be playing most weeks particularly as a centre midfielder.

Watching the game last night I was getting cheesed off with Delph and his crab-like performance (barring the cross-field pass for the goal). However, we never looked in any danger with him playing, cue the arrival of Davies and it felt a lot less comfortable.

I guess I need to eat some humble pie as on the performance Delph is the better option.
Delph moved forward with the ball into space quite a lot In that game.

It is understood there has been no contact between the clubs, relating to Davies, since and Ancelotti says Everton are not currently entertaining the idea of letting Davies leave - even on loan.

"No, we didn't think about this," Ancelotti said.

"Tom Davies is a part of this squad, of this team. He didn't play a lot in the last game but he is always ready. He played 30 minutes in the past game and he did well.

"We have confidence [in him] and we are not thinking about letting him leave on loan because I think he is an important part of our squad."

with Allan, Dououre and possibly Hamez moving inside we are overstocked in midfield. So in order to trim the squad down to 25 i assume either Delph or Davies has to go. A loan for Davies would make sense as Delph will be harder to shift. He would get more game time there and a change of scenary might be good for him.

It is understood there has been no contact between the clubs, relating to Davies, since and Ancelotti says Everton are not currently entertaining the idea of letting Davies leave - even on loan.

"Tom Davies is a part of this squad, of this team. He didn't play a lot in the last game but he is always ready. He played 30 minutes in the past game and he did well.

"We have confidence [in him] and we are not thinking about letting him leave on loan because I think he is an important part of our squad."
I think that has been obvious from the start.

(Unsaid)...... "but obviously if there were a good offer of a permanent move, then we'd be willing to listen to it for Tom's sake".

At the moment Tom Davies is a squad enabler, cost us nothing, low wages, there seems to be a consensus by numerous management teams and our current one is that there is a player there.

Seems that other clubs admire him. Its a interesting one isn't it.

Was lost for his 2 minutes on. Not a wide player and was off the pace of the game. There is still a player in there I think and seeing how close him and DCL are it may be wiser to keep him as part of the team instead of on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.