2020/21 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the game last night I was getting cheesed off with Delph and his crab-like performance (barring the cross-field pass for the goal). However, we never looked in any danger with him playing, cue the arrival of Davies and it felt a lot less comfortable.

I guess I need to eat some humble pie as on the performance Delph is the better option.

The Saints have already signed right-back Kyle Walker-Peters from Tottenham and centre-back Mohammed Salisu from Real Valladolid this summer.

Everton midfielder Tom Davies is a player they are interested in, but Southampton only want to take him on loan while the Merseyside club would, at the moment, prefer a permanent deal.

"I know we will get players in," Hasenhuttl said. "Now comes the moment where some good opportunities are coming up.

"Our number-one choice, it may not be so easy to get now, but there are some other alternatives coming to us, loan or permanent.

"I think we know we need one or two players minimum, maybe three."

I think it might be time for Major Tom to take his protein pills and put his helmet on. Nevertheless, I still think he has a lot of potential to be a good player. Just needs to develop at a lesser club, such as Blackpool or West Ham.

Status
Not open for further replies.