2020/21 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom has done consistently well this season and at 22 has still a few years to go before reaching his peak.

As with others there are critics who probably like to think they know more than they really do.

I am happy to rely on the judgement of the manager and his coaching staff.

The praise recently from David Ancelloti for Tom Davies is significant.

No, people expect Davies to be 4 or 5th choice in our squad for midfield not compared to man utds 1st or 2nd top midfielder

The issue at Everton is our injury record is so bad that we need better 4th and 5th choice midfielders because they are playing nearly every game.

United’s 5th choice central midfielder is Nemanja Matic who is also a country mile better than Davies.

The issue at Everton is our injury record is so bad that we need better 4th and 5th choice midfielders because they are playing nearly every game.

United’s 5th choice central midfielder is Nemanja Matic who is also a country mile better than Davies.
It's not gonna happen, we aren't psg or man city

It's not gonna happen, we aren't psg or man city

Doesnt mean we can’t get a bloke who can run at the same pace as the players he’s playing against.

Yeah Davies was ok tonight, a good performance for him, but in the realms of premier league midfield displays it was just completely bog standard. The worry is that’s Davies at his best and it’s average yet people seem to be ok with this?

He’s always on the edge, even against poor teams, always close to giving the ball away quite a lot of the time (or giving it away), mostly playing conservative passes, maybe getting a bit of a leg in here or there. It’s ok stuff but it’s the sort of thing you’d see in an FA cup tie from a lower league team. Why are we indulging it? The pattern of build up play relies on him taking the ball under pressure and switching it and we tried and failed a few times tonight before just giving up on it as teams know the slightest miscontrol from him and he won’t be favourite for the second touch due to how slow he is.

If he’s playing lots of games next season I’m sure he’ll be ok again in some of them, and we’ll be 9th again. If we want to compete at the top we need far far better, no matter how much some might like him as a bloke. I like him, I genuinely wish he was a hard quicker, had a bit more creativity, was a bit stronger, and cared a bit more. But he isn’t.

Doesnt mean we can’t get a bloke who can run at the same pace as the players he’s playing against.

Yeah Davies was ok tonight, a good performance for him, but in the realms of premier league midfield displays it was just completely bog standard. The worry is that’s Davies at his best and it’s average yet people seem to be ok with this?

He’s always on the edge, even against poor teams, always close to giving the ball away quite a lot of the time (or giving it away), mostly playing conservative passes, maybe getting a bit of a leg in here or there. It’s ok stuff but it’s the sort of thing you’d see in an FA cup tie from a lower league team. Why are we indulging it? The pattern of build up play relies on him taking the ball under pressure and switching it and we tried and failed a few times tonight before just giving up on it as teams know the slightest miscontrol from him and he won’t be favourite for the second touch due to how slow he is.

If he’s playing lots of games next season I’m sure he’ll be ok again in some of them, and we’ll be 9th again. If we want to compete at the top we need far far better, no matter how much some might like him as a bloke. I like him, I genuinely wish he was a hard quicker, had a bit more creativity, was a bit stronger, and cared a bit more. But he isn’t.

You're deluded

Status
Not open for further replies.