2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately i just dont see anything he can build on. With DCL he has always had pace, decent in the air and runs all day, he has built on that recently by adding a bit of composure to his game and toughening up.. Tom struggles offensively, defensively and positionally.. he is weak on the ball, lethargic in and out of possession and his stats are poor, 5 goals 4 assists in 96 PL games, 27 passes per game with 77% accuracy.
Would love him to prove me wrong but he's 22 in a few months and will have over 100 PL appearances by then and ive never once looked at him and seen him as our future :(
Agree, wants him to succeed, but I don't see anything to indicate that he will succeed. Not our biggest problem and is currently a useful squad player.

I'd loan him out and if he doesn't perform wherever he goes, get rid. We all said DCL was garbage for years and all of a sudden he's performing at a good level. There's no reason that can't be Davies in a year or two but there is no way he can be a part of our midfield next season
I think DCL was always useful though. He didn’t look like scoring, but most people appreciated that he wasn’t actually out of his depth, he was at least competitive. The problem with Davies is that he’s basically the opposite. He sometimes shows glimpses of talent, but generally he isn’t competitive in games, he often has games where he just looks like he’s playing a level too high for his ability. He can improve, anyone can, but the signs really aren’t good in my opinion.

Carlo giving him the hook while keeping Sigs on .... Not looking good.
Dont get me wrong, I want him to do well and Ive not bagged him on here but that is a big clue as to where he sits in pecking order.

We won’t sell him to a championship club as he is best mates with DCL and blue bill won’t like that,
And that is what is wrong with this club, we keep very average players hoping they come good

Carlo giving him the hook while keeping Sigs on .... Not looking good.
Dont get me wrong, I want him to do well and Ive not bagged him on here but that is a big clue as to where he sits in pecking order.
I felt that both Gomes and Sigurdsson deserved to be taken off before Davies, I thought they were really poor. Obviously CA felt that Davies was not doing something that he was asked to do.
But, if Gomes and Sigurdsson were following instructions I can't even hazard a guess at what those instructions were.

Agree, wants him to succeed, but I don't see anything to indicate that he will succeed. Not our biggest problem and is currently a useful squad player.

That's how he should be looked at as the squad is improved, as a cheap homegrown rotation option against weaker sides to give the new midfielders a break. All the while hoping the coaching staff can work on his game.

I wont be able to take another season of these lackadaisical midfielders. I just hope that somebody at the club finally decides we need some energy and legs in there. Hopefully that somebody is our world class director of football.

I sincerely hope that Tom is picked for the derby.
With some of the "lethargic , lazy" alternatives I dread to think what could happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.