2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
currently he's no way near good enough he 100% needs a loan, Time is on his side anyway.
Wow shows how low we have gone if due to injuries Tom Davies is going to be our saviour! I'd love him to make it here but he hasn't progressed since his game against City or should I say his goal against City. No physical strength so gets knocked off the ball easily. Never seems to have the time to pass the ball. Not much of a goal threat. I like his individuality. Hes a young lad. I dont know but does he work on his upper body strength. Dosnt seem so. Think its about 4 years since his debut and former hes gone backwards.

he must be our 5/6th choice central midfielder but with the likes of Schneiderlin/Delph & Gbamin constantly getting injured unfortunately we're left with little choice. I can't see him being loaned out or sold any time soon.

I don't know what happened to the kid who broke through in 2016-17. He looked so positive and dynamic, I thought he had an outside chance of being the token teenager in England's World Cup squad.

Ever since that season ended, he's been as bad anyone I've seen get regular minutes.

He gave a role in the right formation but that’s not 442 or 4231. His lack of pace could also be covered up if everyone around him had pace but the problem at Everton is no one has any pace so these gaps between players just get emphasised and before you know it Chelsea are just passing it round at ease and we’re chasing shadows. Davies looked better when surrounded by Gueye Lukaku Barkley Mirallas because there was at least a bit of pace there which meant he got more time on the ball and options to pass to. Siggurdson Schneiderlin and a slow Coleman just offer nothing and he’s therefore got no time or space and his own lack of pace is then exacerbated.

I don't know what happened to the kid who broke through in 2016-17. He looked so positive and dynamic, I thought he had an outside chance of being the token teenager in England's World Cup squad.

Ever since that season ended, he's been as bad anyone I've seen get regular minutes.
I think he maybe looked good for his age back then whereas now he’s older and hasn’t pushed on. Proper weird how someone who’s had 100+ senior appearances from a young age can just not progress in any way whatsoever.

I think he maybe looked good for his age back then whereas now he’s older and hasn’t pushed on. Proper weird how someone who’s had 100+ senior appearances from a young age can just not progress in any way whatsoever.

Not making excuses for him but playing under 4 different managers in a short space of time probably hasnt helped his progression.

Recon we give him another 6 months under Carlo, if theres still no improvement its time to get shut

I’m not sure time is on his side, yes he’s 21. But made his debut 4 yrs ago and hasn’t improved. I’d sell for a decent fee, would help towards ffp
I think he's worth loaning out and seeing how he kicks on, He needs to be playing week in week out not 2 games here then benched for the next 15 etc, He hasn't done anything since the Man City game no doubt but still think he's worth keeping for 2-3 years.

Not making excuses for him but playing under 4 different managers in a short space of time probably hasnt helped his progression.

Recon we give him another 6 months under Carlo, if theres still no improvement its time to get shut
Yeah I don’t disagree with that. I still think it’s a bit crazy how he hasn’t got a better grip on the basics of being a footballer in that time though. If he’d had injuries I’d understand but he hasn’t really

I think he's a good player. But he is suffering from not having an experienced class player near him. When he broke into the side Barry was still here. He would of had him talking to him constantly, must be great for a young player to come in with someone like that in the side? Also Gana was here, it takes the pressure off when a player like that is there to clean up the little mistakes.

Lets get this horrible season out the way and worry about where we are going to be whenever next season starts.

Martinez, Allardyce, Koeman and Silva happened to him, plus Everton fans.

Yeah I don’t disagree with that. I still think it’s a bit crazy how he hasn’t got a better grip on the basics of being a footballer in that time though. If he’d had injuries I’d understand but he hasn’t really

To be fair tho, I dont think he was ever touted as the next big thing when he was coming through.

He stood out on his debut and a few little cameos after that and then expectations went right up and hes never been able to live up to them

I think he's worth loaning out and seeing how he kicks on, He needs to be playing week in week out not 2 games here then benched for the next 15 etc, He hasn't done anything since the Man City game no doubt but still think he's worth keeping for 2-3 years.
But we have a history of holding on to youngsters for to long, and wasting millions. That’s need to change and hopefully it will under Brands. He’s had his chance and played nearly a 100 games. That’s not play 2 sit out 15.

Get money in for him and bring another youngster from the Academy to take his squad place, that’s how the academy should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.