2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, I feel the whole team will get the run around at times during our December games. As for Davies, the month could strengthen him as a player or completely knock the confidence out of him. Mind you, it will be interesting to see how the squad copes as a whole, and see who steps up to the challenge and who goes missing.

He’ll absolutely bully that Arsenal midfield on his own.

He came on the scene at a very young age, and always seems to be asked to do something in advance of what would be expected of a lad of his age.
Debut as a young lad, captain for a few games at a young age and now showing the form in midfield that you would want from him.
I think he is a natural leader and from snippets I have read it seems as if he is quite vocal in the dressing room as well which is a bit unusual from a relatively young player.

He should be able to further improve his game with experience, his range of passing and his vision is good, but far from perfect yet, and if he continues to improve I reckon he will be a very good player.
If you looked at Lampard or Gerrard or other top players at a similar age I wonder how much further ahead of Tom Davies they were ?
Not sure about Lampard, who I think really blossomed later in his career, but certainly Gerrard was way ahead of him. I think Gerrard was young player of the year at 20, and already in the England side. He also just looked better really.

He might prove me wrong but I just don’t Davies in that bracket. No shame in having a good PL career though, and he can definitely do that.

I mean, you are, quite clearly doing this, read it back.

If you can't see the hypocrisy, then fair enough.

No mate. If he had taken the midfield by storm this season, bossing everything, slotted a handful of goals, and made numerous assist. Then I came on here going on about how I told everyone that I was right and that I said he was brilliant all along, then I'd say you have a point. But I've not done that. I've clearly said I'm happy with his last few games and feel he can offer more. And then, almost as a word of caution... a vague warning if you will, I mentioned our December fixtures and seeing how he copes against top opposition. I'm not being boastful about how remarkable he is, I'm simply saying he's been good, I think he can do more, but let's wait and see.

Non-loaded question, just genuinely wondering, what makes you say that?

Whenever I look at Davies he just looks decent to me, I've never (even when he first came through) really thought he looked like an outstanding talent, I always think he's just neat and tidy and capable. I think he can have a good career and wouldn't be surprised if he got capped and captained us, but I've not really seen anything to suggest he's going to be a top player to be honest. He reminds me of a Noble, Cork, Ward-Prowse, Will Hughes type.
He's definitely a different player than Noble and Cork. Ward-Prowse too since he's basically the South Coast Sigurdsson. I don't know what Will Hughes does.

I don't know how good Davies is yet but I think his ability to move the ball forward is something we don't have when he isn't playing. So he has to play right now.

He's definitely a different player than Noble and Cork. Ward-Prowse too since he's basically the South Coast Sigurdsson. I don't know what Will Hughes does.

I don't know how good Davies is yet but I think his ability to move the ball forward is something we don't have when he isn't playing. So he has to play right now.
As usual you misunderstand the point. I don’t mean he reminds me of them in terms of his playing style, I mean in the sense that he’s a perfectly competent premier league player but I’m not sure he’s much more.

As usual you misunderstand the point. I don’t mean he reminds me of them in terms of his playing style, I mean in the sense that he’s a perfectly competent premier league player but I’m not sure he’s much more.
As usual that wasn't clear but tbh I don't know if that's the worst thing in the world for us at this point. We need depth in the squad going forward and having him as an option while trying to improve with signings would be good.

Or Davies could just be good. I think it's still possible.

Has done well since coming back in to the team.
Well played Tom lad. Even made Garth crooks team of the week, a high watermark for many a player....

Hoping he can continue to build and grow in to a great player for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.