2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you take Iceland out of our side and put another fella in there with a bit of quality/energy/snide next to skaterboi Tom, then you see a different player, and much better performances.

I don't think it can be underestimated how much of a negative effect Iceland has on this side currently (I don't care about his stats, he's a fraud), as I think Tom is doing his running and covering, each time the dreary crab starts pointing and getting himself marked. I also think Tom's been gomes legs with his injuries, to an extent.

The lad is only 22 now, but was playing much better for us (tackling/positionally/goals-wise) with old gazza bazza and Ross playing next to him 3/4 years ago.

I would take Tom over Iceland in the side anyday of the week.

He's played over 100 games and no one yet knows his best role, he's sort of just plonked in the middle but doesn't do anything.

Can't tackle, can't get up and down, can't really pass, doesn't score.

He just runs around kicking people and losing the ball, I don't even mind davies, but he's not good enough and won't ever be good enough whilst he doesn't know what position hes going to play.

View attachment 98429

someone photoshop Tom Davies head on this pic

Christ no wonder Bayern can run non stop

His arm is bigger than davis body. Pity Davis doesnt beef himself up abit. He is as weak as water and doesnt have the technique on the ball to make up for it. I dont question his commitment but just think he really offers nothing at moment. He just seems lost on the pitch.

I see Newcastle signed Jeff Hendrick. Is Ashley really likely to sanction their signing two midfielders in one window, moreover if he is trying to sell the club. Was surprised to hear of the interest in TD to begin with, cant see much interest emerging from elsewhere this window. If he is not moved on now, does that reduce our resulting capacity to bring in both of Allan and Doucoure too I wonder.

View attachment 98429

someone photoshop Tom Davies head on this pic

Christ no wonder Bayern can run non stop

BC9DC690-A948-45F3-9559-BD3413AFC982.jpeg

I think you take Iceland out of our side and put another fella in there with a bit of quality/energy/snide next to skaterboi Tom, then you see a different player, and much better performances.

I don't think it can be underestimated how much of a negative effect Iceland has on this side currently (I don't care about his stats, he's a fraud), as I think Tom is doing his running and covering, each time the dreary crab starts pointing and getting himself marked. I also think Tom's been gomes legs with his injuries, to an extent.

The lad is only 22 now, but was playing much better for us (tackling/positionally/goals-wise) with old gazza bazza and Ross playing next to him 3/4 years ago.

iceland at least comes up with a few goals...this clown offers absolutely zero to the side.

by all means have a go at Gylfi if you don’t like him as a player, but this guy is an absolute embarrassment to even be wearing the shirt based on his performances after lockdown.

He's played over 100 games and no one yet knows his best role, he's sort of just plonked in the middle but doesn't do anything.

Can't tackle, can't get up and down, can't really pass, doesn't score.

He just runs around kicking people and losing the ball, I don't even mind davies, but he's not good enough and won't ever be good enough whilst he doesn't know what position hes going to play.

For England u21s he looked class as a DM anchor. Just getting the ball off the defence and passing it around. Looked like a high potential barca type player.

Clearly not lol

I agree that he is currently surrounded by dross but in my opinion if there was a player there we'd have seen more of those 'attributes,' he fades into mediocrity unfortunately. Good players still produce when in a poor side, its more difficult yes but they show glimpses. You just don't see that with Tom (again in my opinion).

Status
Not open for further replies.