2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
1598313886589.jpeg

someone photoshop Tom Davies head on this pic

Christ no wonder Bayern can run non stop

For someone who’s been Everton and England u21 captain, I’ve barely seen him utter a word on the pitch. He looks sheepish most of the time

...I’ll criticise Davies for his performance on the pitch but not for his leadership qualities. Brian Labone and Kevin Ratcliffe are our most successful captains, I watched both regularly and both were quiet on the pitch as was Jagielka.

I presume Everton and England managers know him well enough to recognise him as a skipper.

Make or break for him this season and going by that outing, he seriously needs to buckle up. I am genuinely worried about our current midfield options and it's almost negligence to not have sorted at least one out by now.

Make or break for him this season and going by that outing, he seriously needs to buckle up. I am genuinely worried about our current midfield options and it's almost negligence to not have sorted at least one out by now.
He’s already broke. He doesn’t deserve to keep a place in the squad of a Premier League team. Get him out of here.

He’s already broke. He doesn’t deserve to keep a place in the squad of a Premier League team. Get him out of here.
He's come through at an awful time, so much upheaval, managerial changes, crap tactics, passionless performances. He's still only 22. He's got a lot and I mean a lot to prove but I'd like to see him in a more confident and less toxic environment.

He's come through at an awful time, so much upheaval, managerial changes, crap tactics, passionless performances. He's still only 22. He's got a lot and I mean a lot to prove but I'd like to see him in a more confident and less toxic environment.
We’re in a transitional period for at least another two years. People can’t keep using the ‘he’s a young lad’ excuse forever. He’s played over 100 times for the club now and is regressing, if anything.

We’re in a transitional period for at least another two years. People can’t keep using the ‘he’s a young lad’ excuse forever. He’s played over 100 times for the club now and is regressing, if anything.
I agree, that's why I think this is his last chance saloon season, he has been a lucky lad that we've had a terrible midfield and he has been given ample opportunity, if he can't make the step up in consistency and form, then like the rest of them he'll have to go. I suspect most are right and he isn't quite cutting it at this level.

I do stand by the fact that the environment hasn't been a pleasant one for players these last few years though.

He's far too slow for this level and has no positional awareness to make up for it, headless chicken who can't really do anything but win a free kick when touched

If there is interest, he's a player we should probably look to move on. I know people don't rate him at all, but I genuinely think he's still worth about 15m in the current market.

If there is interest, he's a player we should probably look to move on. I know people don't rate him at all, but I genuinely think he's still worth about 15m in the current market.

If a club has been looking at him for the past two years and want to shell out more than a million on him then they have absolutely no idea about football. It’s a genuine conundrum to me how many games he’s had for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.