2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to draw the line somewhere. He’s made a similar amount of appearances to DCL but hasn’t shown anywhere near the same amount of improvement as him, same with Holgate now he’s showing what he’s capable of. Unless something drastically changes you get rid in the summer and you bring someone younger in who might actually develop.

You have to draw the line somewhere. He’s made a similar amount of appearances to DCL but hasn’t shown anywhere near the same amount of improvement as him, same with Holgate now he’s showing what he’s capable of. Unless something drastically changes you get rid in the summer and you bring someone younger in who might actually develop.
He’s 21 years old not everyone has reached anywhere near there peak at that age, he could be still playing for our under 23s technically. We’d be stupid to sell him, he’s a had so many new managers and coaches in his time with first team no wonder he hasn’t pushed on but now we have the world class manager this is the time for him to learn from the best and to kick on

He’s 21 years old not everyone has reached anywhere near there peak at that age, he could be still playing for our under 23s technically. We’d be stupid to sell him, he’s a had so many new managers and coaches in his time with first team no wonder he hasn’t pushed on but now we have the world class manager this is the time for him to learn from the best and to kick on
I’d agree, if he had ever stood out in any areas of the game. Davies hasn’t, we’re not even sure what kind of midfielder he is

I must admit I was wrong about Tom - I thought his weird obsession with fashion was holding him back but it seems recently he's started dressing properly but is still not improving on the pitch.

Maybe football just isnt for him? Yes its crazy money so he'll be a fool to stop playing but if fashion is his love he might be worth going into that instead - use a year or so of his wages and open up his own clothing line/ shop.

Tom Davies has been playing out of position to help the team during an injury crisis and he is getting hammered for it.

Thankfully, it is Ferguson and CA in charge and not posters on here.
Where’s he supposed to be playing then because I’m pretty sure by now he’s played in every midfield position he can and he’s been gash in every one

Can’t see him fitting into Ancelotti’s 442 system unless it reverts to a diamond at some point. Whilst he’s favouring a winter like Walcott then I can’t see Davies getting a look in on the middle 2 positions once Gomes and Gbamin are back.

It would be good to see if he could find a spot in a diamond with Gbamin holding, him and Gomes in the middle and Bernard ahead behind Richarlison and DCL.

You know a player isn't that good when you consider Schneiderlein over him. Terrible attitude as well. Snotty little brat.

The lad needs a consistent run in a consistent role. He isn’t going to get that here so needs a loan like Holgate to turn from a good youth player to a senior player. Best for him would be abroad to get some coaching and technical development
Maybe a hair cut aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.