2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played in similar games and it does nothing for your first touch or just about anything bar physical strenghth.

Its why most payers in the UK/England football team from that era lacked the first touch, and long and short range passing skills of their continental neighbours.

Not good enough and for his own sanity needs to find himself at another club.

Very likeable lad and clearly not a modern day prima donna but sadly it's not happening. I wish him all the best. He has no doubt suffered under the ridiculous merry go rounds and toxic culture at the club.

Unless we get a substantial offer for him, I don't think we will be looking to sell him right now purely because of the home-grown aspect. He has had lots of big spells not in the first 11 but there has never been a time where papers were touting a sale and he has never complained. We have 10 home-grown players that include Schneiderlin, Walcott, Sigurdsson, Delph (all 4 are 31 years old this year!) and the ageing Baines and we need to register 8 each season that are 21 or over. I would be fine with him being part of the 25 and going on loan here and there once we have a better pairing in CM.

All the fingers are pointed at Carlo but lets get one thing (okay two or three things) very clear.

Nobody in management, nobody in the stands, nobody sitting at home can take the blame for two key pieces of play that invited needless pressure onto our defence which collapsed.

1. Oumar Niasse's touch when two v one on lascelles (IIRC). Had the absoloute piece of dog turd not had a touch that makes Lukaku's first touch look like prime Zidane, we could of been 3-0 up or at the very least pressed into their half. Instead its a inexcusable touch and Newcastle ended up pressed into our half.
2. Tom Davies (someone i defend alot) simply isnt good enough at this level. I had a debate with the fella behind me who doesnt rate davies (never shouts at the kid or anything tbf) who highlighted the amount of times he loses possession needlessly in dangerous positions or moments of a game. He did exactly that which like Niasse, invited pressure on our backline when we should of been pressed into their half.
3. I dont want to hear any fan who left around the 80th-83rd minute mark talk about Everton switching off. The groud had many visible seats in view where we the fans thought it was all over. So instead of getting the lads over the line most of you were too busy prioritizing a late night pint over supporting the team - our home support has become a joke in recent years. Cant wait to boo our own players, start kicking off if we arent 2-0 up inside 20 minutes. Then leaving with a cock sure attitude the game is won. I bet most are quick enough jumping on a forum or social media to complain when they seen the score though. HATERS INCOMING.

Last night was a massive opportunity to look upwards but i still think we are looking over our shoulder. Rather not lose but a point at home isnt worth much against sides around us.
Most of us Everton fans want Tom Davies to become a regular player for the Blues but the lad isn’t taking the many chances to make one the centre midfield places his own, he just doesn’t learn from the many mistakes he makes, just repeats them again and again. Too many times this season he has given the ball away in ridiculous situations, with us holding on for a draw or a tight win, witness the Leicester game away, which cost us, the Arsenal and Brighton games were he lost the ball too easily but they spared his blushes by failing to force home a goal, they are just off the top of my head. I’m convinced if Walcott and Bernard had stayed on the field the three points would have secured, those two subs were down to Ancelotti, he got away with it versus Brighton, hope he has a good think next time he uses his subs, because every time he makes poor substitutions he will get and deserve the stick that comes with them

I thought fans were being proper hard on him but they were right all along, He's not good enough, What does he excel at? What midfield archetype does he fit? He fits none of them, Some days he can look like a talented youngster other days he looks like he belongs in the conference league.

Next May should be interesting. If I was a betting man I would say he will not be in the list of players being binned. There are too many of higher priority for the exit door. If he stays, just don't pick him, until he convinces the people that matter at the club he really can overcome his major deficiencies.

I'm not really sure what to make of him. I think he's best off going out on loan and playing every week.

Not good enough yet for where we need to be.

Its hard to think he was invited to train with the England senior squad when he was a kid.
He has shown no signs of improvement in 3 years.
Time to loan him out for a season or sell him

Status
Not open for further replies.