2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the fingers are pointed at Carlo but lets get one thing (okay two or three things) very clear.

Nobody in management, nobody in the stands, nobody sitting at home can take the blame for two key pieces of play that invited needless pressure onto our defence which collapsed.

1. Oumar Niasse's touch when two v one on lascelles (IIRC). Had the absoloute piece of dog turd not had a touch that makes Lukaku's first touch look like prime Zidane, we could of been 3-0 up or at the very least pressed into their half. Instead its a inexcusable touch and Newcastle ended up pressed into our half.
2. Tom Davies (someone i defend alot) simply isnt good enough at this level. I had a debate with the fella behind me who doesnt rate davies (never shouts at the kid or anything tbf) who highlighted the amount of times he loses possession needlessly in dangerous positions or moments of a game. He did exactly that which like Niasse, invited pressure on our backline when we should of been pressed into their half.
3. I dont want to hear any fan who left around the 80th-83rd minute mark talk about Everton switching off. The groud had many visible seats in view where we the fans thought it was all over. So instead of getting the lads over the line most of you were too busy prioritizing a late night pint over supporting the team - our home support has become a joke in recent years. Cant wait to boo our own players, start kicking off if we arent 2-0 up inside 20 minutes. Then leaving with a cock sure attitude the game is won. I bet most are quick enough jumping on a forum or social media to complain when they seen the score though. HATERS INCOMING.

Last night was a massive opportunity to look upwards but i still think we are looking over our shoulder. Rather not lose but a point at home isnt worth much against sides around us.

good points there and pt 3 in particular i agree with - the close proximity to the players when we shout them to get it forward or get it out definitely would have spurred them on to protect the lead. We do help influence games. Of course it's not a 100% guarantee but it would have helped.

2. Tom Davies needs a loan to really suss him out. Glasgow or Spain - either he has to learn to think quick in a high pressure high intensity (Ok but lower quality) Scottish game, or learn to pass and keep the ball better in a Spanish style environment

good points there and pt 3 in particular i agree with - the close proximity to the players when we shout them to get it forward or get it out definitely would have spurred them on to protect the lead. We do help influence games. Of course it's not a 100% guarantee but it would have helped.

2. Tom Davies needs a loan to really suss him out. Glasgow or Spain - either he has to learn to think quick in a high pressure high intensity (Ok but lower quality) Scottish game, or learn to pass and keep the ball better in a Spanish style environment

Exactly my point about the fans. We basically sat back and was like 'you deal with it'. As soon as they equalized many fans suddenly found their voice to slate the players.
I think Goodison has become a negative influence on the players where the players are nervous wrecks when under pressure - mainly from our own fans. Of course i also think the players need to take responsibility, but we need to ensure we play our part so that if the players do mess up, they only have themselves to blame.

All the fingers are pointed at Carlo but lets get one thing (okay two or three things) very clear.

Nobody in management, nobody in the stands, nobody sitting at home can take the blame for two key pieces of play that invited needless pressure onto our defence which collapsed.

1. Oumar Niasse's touch when two v one on lascelles (IIRC). Had the absoloute piece of dog turd not had a touch that makes Lukaku's first touch look like prime Zidane, we could of been 3-0 up or at the very least pressed into their half. Instead its a inexcusable touch and Newcastle ended up pressed into our half.
2. Tom Davies (someone i defend alot) simply isnt good enough at this level. I had a debate with the fella behind me who doesnt rate davies (never shouts at the kid or anything tbf) who highlighted the amount of times he loses possession needlessly in dangerous positions or moments of a game. He did exactly that which like Niasse, invited pressure on our backline when we should of been pressed into their half.
3. I dont want to hear any fan who left around the 80th-83rd minute mark talk about Everton switching off. The groud had many visible seats in view where we the fans thought it was all over. So instead of getting the lads over the line most of you were too busy prioritizing a late night pint over supporting the team - our home support has become a joke in recent years. Cant wait to boo our own players, start kicking off if we arent 2-0 up inside 20 minutes. Then leaving with a cock sure attitude the game is won. I bet most are quick enough jumping on a forum or social media to complain when they seen the score though. HATERS INCOMING.

Last night was a massive opportunity to look upwards but i still think we are looking over our shoulder. Rather not lose but a point at home isnt worth much against sides around us.

This and easily dispossessed, passing not good and look at that cock up at the corner flag with Digne which led to their first goal.

Carlo bought niasse on and then davies who he put on the left. Every fan can tell you that is asking for trouble

Carlo bought niasse on and then davies who he put on the left. Every fan can tell you that is asking for trouble

True, but the touch of Niasse leading to the build up of Newcastle pressure cannot be laid at the feet of Carlo. Carlo made the choice to bring him on yes but i dont think he had anybody else to put up there to occupy the centre halfs. Niasse's touch wasnt a one off where you can say ahhh unlucky, he is utter dog turd and the fact he wont drop to the championship to rebuild his career has left a sour taste in my mouth. Not his fault we pay him £60k though to be fair.

True, but the touch of Niasse leading to the build up of Newcastle pressure cannot be laid at the feet of Carlo. Carlo made the choice to bring him on yes but i dont think he had anybody else to put up there to occupy the centre halfs. Niasse's touch wasnt a one off where you can say ahhh unlucky, he is utter dog turd and the fact he wont drop to the championship to rebuild his career has left a sour taste in my mouth. Not his fault we pay him £60k though to be fair.
It can’t be laid at the feet of the fans who left either though can it? Can’t have it both ways.

Exactly, he should never have been near the bench let alone on the pitch
Gordon was fine the other day and could have come on instead. We could have even kept the same formation that dominated for 70 minutes

It can’t be laid at the feet of the fans who left either though can it? Can’t have it both ways.

No but the fans are all too quick to moan, bitch and complain at the players, but not there to support them after the 84th minute when they think its all over.
We should be there until the end regardless of the result to applaud them when doing well because we are all so quick to throw criticism when its gone wrong.

Like honestly, how many of the fans who left when it was going well, jumped on social media to complain about it going wrong when they couldn't be bothered hanging around to see them over the line?

edit: I should also point out what Klopp did when he arrived regarding fans leaving early. I think they had a sticky patch where Klopp said, if you leave early and stop supporting after so many minutes, you cannot complain when the players dont play for the full 90. I think it was about 3 season ago. He called the fans out and rightly so. Its easy to criticize from the armchair or the pub, even worse when you go the game but leave 10 minutes early but complain when the players 'leave' for the final minute like we did yesterday.

No but the fans are all too quick to moan, bitch and complain at the players, but not their to support them after the 84th minute when they think its all over.
We should be there until the end regardless of the result to applaud them when doing well because we are all so quick to throw criticism when its gone wrong.

Like honestly, how many of the fans who left when it was going well, jumped on social media to complain about it going wrong when they couldn't be bothered hanging around to see them over the line?

edit: I should also point out what Klopp did when he arrived regarding fans leaving early. I think they had a sticky patch where Klopp said, if you leave early and stop supporting after so many minutes, you cannot complain when the players dont play for the full 90. I think it was about 3 season ago. He called the fans out and rightly so. Its easy to criticize from the armchair or the pub, even worse when you go the game but leave 10 minutes early but complain when the players 'leave' for the final minute like we did yesterday.
That wasn’t the point though. You can’t say the managers blameless because he can’t help players taking a bad touch but fans aren’t blameless, even though they can’t either. I’m fine with you not being happy with people leaving, it’s a pet hate of mine, but let’s be fair about it and use the same standard for everyone.

Completely disagree, its totally irrelvant what fans do late on in games. Players have no clue about what the crowd are doing late in the game, they are/should just be completely focused on seeing the game out.

loads were ringing the praises for Tom the other week, then last night he’s to blame again, at the end of the day if all our midfielders are fit he doesn’t play, he’s a squad player, I’m happy with him being here, I’m convinced he will get better. But most of the time he’s playing in the midfield with either Snides or Sigs that would hardly give confidence to any midfielder let alone a young one.
Couldn't agree more, and Delph should have been the one talking and dictating to the others how to play the game out.I mean wasn't he bought for his vast experience after winning so many trophies with City?:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.