2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's revolting

If he wasn't local he would not be in the squad

Kieran Dowell and Liam Walsh are easily more gifted footballers, don't see why Davies gets a break other than he's local.

Can't bare him, he is not ready for premier League football, I personally don't think he ever will be

I don't dislike the lad or anything but he's not helping himself or giving us anything to work off werre you can say "look he's doing this wrong and that wrong but he does this really well so we can work from it", like we could with Holgate and DCL. He's literally not offering anything at the minute and is becoming more of a burden.

Surely Carlo says to him before he goes on to be clever and keep the ball. We keep the ball we cruise to an easy 3 points. But him and Niasse just brought unnecessary chaos.

I think it'd be better for us all for him to move on now.

loads were ringing the praises for Tom the other week, then last night he’s to blame again, at the end of the day if all our midfielders are fit he doesn’t play, he’s a squad player, I’m happy with him being here, I’m convinced he will get better. But most of the time he’s playing in the midfield with either Snides or Sigs that would hardly give confidence to any midfielder let alone a young one.

Tom Cleverley was a better player but because he has a short back and sides and a boring personality he was universally panned and moved on.

Davies doesn't belong at a club that's serious about pushing for the European places, not even as a squad player. Why his defenders can't wrap their heads around this is beyond me, just admit it's because you fancy the lad and not because of his actual football ability.

I’ve always been prepared to back him,hoping that a regular run of games would give him the confidence to play some decent football. Yes he does try and go forward with the ball but he’s not very good at it. He is also failing to improve on his defensive play.
Needs to go on loan for a season or sold as we need a squad midfielder who is better than him.

Defended him a fair bit and I still think there is a player in there somewhere but it honestly seems like he hasn't improved much from when he was first brought in to the first team. He's 22 this year but still looks every bit the boy trying to be a man.

Hopefully Carlo can sort him out. A start would be sacrificing some weight for quickness.

As I said about another player unless Davies has eaten Bernard I cant see the piece in bold being true

he weirdly actually gets himself into space. A LOT, but as much as I defend him and love seeing young local lad in the team I cannot understand how he repeatedly makes bad decisions on the ball and can’t win a tackle. Like how can you not improve these things if you are serious about playing at this level.

id still prefer we manage to turn a local lad into a decent squad player, but we do need to be more ruthless when players are proving regularly that they aren’t up to it
You can be coached in a lot of aspects in the game
You can have a lot of natural ability
However unless you have a footballing brain (See Rooney ) you will never succeed at the top.
Ross has not got one either has TOM

Status
Not open for further replies.