2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't trust those who don't support locals...the opportunity for a local kid to come up through the ranks is one of the great things about this particular sport that you don't see much of elsewhere.
Yes and no. People can tend to dismiss a player who hasn't got a fancy name and/or didn't cost a fortune, just on that basis. On the other hand, other people give disproportionate credit to 'young whoever', just because he's 'one of ours'. Footie being an emotional thing, it's very difficult to be absolutely rational and objective.

Realise now that I've said absolutely nothing net, but I've had a drink, so please bear with me.

I like Davies but my big problem with him is that he’s only got one gear. There were a few times today (and in every game) where he’s got in a good attacking position but fails to burst through/ leave a defender behind.

That limits what he can offer in terms of an attacking threat.

he works hard, puts himself about, just not sure it’s enough.

I like Davies but my big problem with him is that he’s only got one gear. There were a few times today (and in every game) where he’s got in a good attacking position but fails to burst through/ leave a defender behind.

Hes a great squad option.

Yeah noticed on one occasion we had broke away and when whoever it was had got to the byline Davies was 10yards further back than I thought he should have been. there was only 1 easily marked player in the box. Probably knackered mind you.

Status
Not open for further replies.