2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honestly, try him at RB.

I actually don't think this is as bad an idea as it may seem. Often players start out in 1 position end up making it in another. The pressure on a young midfielder is almost 2nd to none. If you are not running games by 21, you are finished. Strikers, Goalkeepers, fullbacks, etc, seem to generally get a bigger grace period, although not so much at Everton.

I still think there is a player in Davies, he is one of the few players we have who plays with his head up, and he always looked calm on the ball until his inevitable drop in confidence. He needs games and time, something which we can't really offer him at the moment, because our midfield is so poorly balanced. A loan would probably do him the world of good.

I actually don't think this is as bad an idea as it may seem. Often players start out in 1 position end up making it in another. The pressure on a young midfielder is almost 2nd to none. If you are not running games by 21, you are finished. Strikers, Goalkeepers, fullbacks, etc, seem to generally get a bigger grace period, although not so much at Everton.

I still think there is a player in Davies, he is one of the few players we have who plays with his head up, and he always looked calm on the ball until his inevitable drop in confidence. He needs games and time, something which we can't really offer him at the moment, because our midfield is so poorly balanced. A loan would probably do him the world of good.

Yeh I do think it could work short-term. He’s got bags of energy, pretty quick, decent defensively, fairly tall and strong, ability on the ball is above Kenny and Coleman for me. Plus he should get more time on the ball there than in the middle.

If he scored a few important goals over the years. Skateboard sales be through the ruff in Liverpool. Shallow halls the lot of yis.

You can't tell me he would of played as bad as Gyfli or Gomes in recent weeks. Davies ain't David Silva but he would of done better than the pair infront of him.

Davies centre mid actually worked earlier in the season against Wolves, Bournemouth and Leicester because he had the energy to make the pressing game work. We played well in all of those games and deserved to win all three bar some defensive lapses. Since he’s been dropped at times it looks like last season were we don’t know whether to press or sit and that we don’t have the movement in the middle of the park to win the ball back. It is indisputable that Gomes has more quality on the ball than Davies, but the system has actually looked more effective at times with Davies in the team rather than Gomes. It is a team game and with our threadbare squad Davies still has something to offer to the team, but it’s up to the manager to utilise him correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.