2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t help but suspect Vlasic comment about fearing the crowd is affecting all young players. Barkley is definitely one of them. If true this is very worrying.
Not at all. Barkley was overhyped massively and his move to Chelsea has shown that. Davies is playing a turgid style of football that doesn't play to his strengths.

I can’t help but suspect Vlasic comment about fearing the crowd is affecting all young players. Barkley is definitely one of them. If true this is very worrying.
You seem to make an awful lot of inaccurate criticisms of our fanbase for somebody who's supposedly part of it.

I believe it was cleared up that the translated article didn't quite convey the real meaning of Vlasic's words, which was that the fans didn't like Allardyce.

Genuinely not sure what position he is.

Might be a revelation if we stick him at RB though.

Wasn't he a RB in the Youth teams? Does anyone remember, in the last games of RM's last season there were some young lads who got blooded who played well - was it Davies and Dowell? Or Pennington? I just have a vague memory of fresh faced lads looking happy with a decent debut. I thought it was Davies as RB

I'm confused as to why there is still a split in our fan base over him.

I consider myself to be a pretty level headed person, have attended almost every home game since 1989 so pretty well versed on judging a player.

I've literally seen nothing since that City game to convince me he is anywhere near the level Everton aspire to be at.

I don't hate him, I get behind him if he starts, but I want to see us threatening for titles and I am afraid he just doesn't cut the mustard for me. He isn't particularly good at any aspect of the game and his football brain is nowhere near quick enough.

You seem to make an awful lot of inaccurate criticisms of our fanbase for somebody who's supposedly part of it.

I believe it was cleared up that the translated article didn't quite convey the real meaning of Vlasic's words, which was that the fans didn't like Allardyce.

Don’t think it’s awfully inaccurate. I used to think no amount of crowd reaction will affect young players but I’m beginning to think otherwise. They are after all kids with different tolerant level.

There was a clip floating around showing jags telling Barkley that the boo wasn’t for him. How much it affected his football is impossible to tell but clearly emotionally affected.

Davies might have started brightly in the early part of his first team career but ever since had lost the willingness to run with the ball, passing become shorter and safer. The swashbuckling approach is lost.

Which would be a total disaster, as him and Gueye would be tackling each other all game trying to go for the same ball.

Which is the very reason why it hasn`t been done.

The reason it hasn't been done is because it means Sigurdsson drops out.

But if he's really off the boil, injured or we go in one of our usual lose complete control of the midfield phases of a game I'd like so see us play it personally. Genuinely curious to see how he plays with a midfielder like Gomes.

The reason it hasn't been done is because it means Sigurdsson drops out.

But if he's really off the boil, injured or we go in one of our usual lose complete control of the midfield phases of a game I'd like so see us play it personally. Genuinely curious to see how he plays with a midfielder like Gomes.

It’s got nothing at all to do with Siggy and everything to do with the fact that him and Gueye would not only be getting each other’s way, but they’d also be giving the ball away constantly too.

Recipe for disaster.

It’s got nothing at all to do with Siggy and everything to do with the fact that him and Gueye would not only be getting each other’s way, but they’d also be giving the ball away constantly too.

Recipe for disaster.

Not sure about that myself, what you're referring to usually happens when he plays as a holding mid with Gueye. That doesn't suit Davies whether it's a maturity issue or just not his position altogether. In a proper 3 man midfield with Gueye playing as the lone holding mid with Gomes and Davies being more box to box I'd be interested to see how he fairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.