2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.

"No more loans out"....da man sez.

Or as they say things can move quickly in football ..So on the basis of what the other man sez..."one in one out"

Must mean there's a new player incoming ??? really not holding me breath on this one.

Not strictly true, we currently have the following non home grown whipping boys :

Pickford.
Keane.
Coleman.
Walcott.
Tosun.
DCL.

We don`t discriminate when it comes to whipping boys.

All deserve it, let's be honest. Maybe not "Senor Flake" Keane

Yep, think this is a good summary.

Honestly a loan might do him some good. Less pressure on him and he can just play his game. Restore some confidence and come back next season and show what you can do.

That said, we'd need cover at CM if he went.
I think he’d be under more pressure at Celtic, they are used to success up there and demand more of it, it might only be
Scottish success but they still demand it.

Some very naive threads.

Davies and DCL are likely to be sold for between 7-14 mill each in the next couple of years. That is not a failure it is a success for the academy.

To get a top 6 class player who would be worth 40mill+ at their peak is v v difficult.

I dont know how much our academy costs but surely the aim is to produce the odd top class player every few years and a decent number that will have good careers i professional football and who's sales value pay for the academy.

They are both patently not going to be able to help us get to the top 4/5/6 in the prem.

Nothing wrong with that. The stick they may get is aimed at the management structure that has allowed players of championship standard to be exposed at too high a level.

The same will apply to Johnjo Kenny.

I have also heard that there is nil potential for a top-6 class player in the uner 23's even though they top the league.

But again we will benefit financially when several of them are sold to ply their trade at championship, DIV I level.

Status
Not open for further replies.