2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a fair point, but there are situations where players need to play to enhance their value and the best option for them top play may be at another club.

It's difficult, do I think in 6-18 months most of the young players we have may be at the standard we want? Quite possibly? Are they currently good enough to get the game time to ensure it happens? That is doubtful.

..it’s a risky assumption to say sending them on loan will ‘enhance their value’. Brendan Galloway and Luke Garbutt were sent on loan when their stock was high and ended being deadwood on high salaries.

..it’s a risky assumption to say sending them on loan will ‘enhance their value’. Brendan Galloway and Luke Garbutt were sent on loan when their stock was high and ended being deadwood on high salaries.

Exactly, loans are a risk, especially when moving down after starting in the Prem, mentally you have to be strong and i think it's that side of it that fails a lot.

Why on earth would anyone think we would loan our third choice centre mid out? As if Gueye and Gomes won’t get injured.

Other than Leon Osman and Seamus Coleman I cant think of a single player we've sent on loan who's gone on to play a major role for us.

Not really sure what my point is. Either it's usually more of a shop window exercise or pointless. Or something else.

Other than Leon Osman and Seamus Coleman I cant think of a single player we've sent on loan who's gone on to play a major role for us.

Not really sure what my point is. Either it's usually more of a shop window exercise or pointless. Or something else.

..I suppose you can add Barkley to that list, but you’re probably right.

Status
Not open for further replies.