2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a narrow view
The lad is 20
He is now being coached by a manager who is widely regarded as one of the best young coaches around
He is training everyday with the likes of Gomez Mina Zouma Siggy
He is a player in the making
Patience
His age is literally his only defence. The lad is crap. He’ll never make it here and I doubt he’ll make it in the Premier League, either.

A bit harsh mate, were you saying that about Barkley in his last season?
What's Barkley got to do with it? he always has had a bit of something about him, noodlehead is just not very good and for some reason people can't accept it. He may one day shock us all and turn out to be a brilliant midfielder but i don't see any signs of it myself.

His age is literally his only defence. The lad is crap. He’ll never make it here and I doubt he’ll make it in the Premier League, either.

Look, mate, I know you don't rate him, but lets get one thing straight in here, if he was crap,he wouldn't have played so many games in the most competitive league in world football, even Niasse, bless him , can obviously play a bit, yes he's unorthadox and Tom, JJK, DCL etc are all learning but they're in a fairly big clubs match day squads, under a few managers now and still play. How on earth, can he be crap, world class, no, top player no, good enough to play Prem without being a superstar...yes, undisputable fact.

...lots of links with a loan to Celtic this morning but Silva’s comments seem conclusive.

The comments are heartening. The hope will be training every day (and watching) Gomes and Gana will be helping Davies's game. He has also shown a lot of improvement this season.

It's odd that I am not really against any of our young players going out on loan if it's the right club with the right manager. I think Dowell to Rangers under Gerrard would be a great move for example. I think he'd learn a lot from Gerrard. Davies and Rodgers could be good too. He could learn to control a game and also have European experience. I'd also not be against bookman going back o Leipzig for 6 months.

The comments are heartening. The hope will be training every day (and watching) Gomes and Gana will be helping Davies's game. He has also shown a lot of improvement this season.

It's odd that I am not really against any of our young players going out on loan if it's the right club with the right manager. I think Dowell to Rangers under Gerrard would be a great move for example. I think he'd learn a lot from Gerrard. Davies and Rodgers could be good too. He could learn to control a game and also have European experience. I'd also not be against bookman going back o Leipzig for 6 months.

..generally speaking, i’m not in favour of first team squad players going on loan unless we can’t sell them (Bolasie, Mirallas, Sandro etc).

Look, mate, I know you don't rate him, but lets get one thing straight in here, if he was crap,he wouldn't have played so many games in the most competitive league in world football, even Niasse, bless him , can obviously play a bit, yes he's unorthadox and Tom, JJK, DCL etc are all learning but they're in a fairly big clubs match day squads, under a few managers now and still play. How on earth, can he be crap, world class, no, top player no, good enough to play Prem without being a superstar...yes, undisputable fact.
The Premier League is a wide spectrum. You think he'd make a Top 10 team's midfield?

He's a very limited player. He'll be Championship-bound within no time.

He's from Liverpool and came through our academy, that's the only reason people give him the time of day.

Its always harder and more polarised to have opinions on home grown talent. As much as I want any Evertonian to do well..just havent seen enough since his first game to suggest he is the level we need....with the likes of Gomes hopefully(crosses everything)coming onboard the level is raised somewhat...and I dont think he is there.....As others have noted he may well pick up more from the likes of Gomes...time will tell...but going on loan isnt such a bad idea...All about opinions...

..generally speaking, i’m not in favour of first team squad players going on loan unless we can’t sell them (Bolasie, Mirallas, Sandro etc).

Thats a fair point, but there are situations where players need to play to enhance their value and the best option for them top play may be at another club.

It's difficult, do I think in 6-18 months most of the young players we have may be at the standard we want? Quite possibly? Are they currently good enough to get the game time to ensure it happens? That is doubtful.

The Premier League is a wide spectrum. You think he'd make a Top 10 team's midfield?

He's from Liverpool and came through our academy, that's the only reason people give him the time of day.

He's already proved that he can cut it at this level, he's inconsistent and had a bad slump in form under Koeman and Allardyce. A lot of Prem and international managers seem to disagree with you on his ability, I know whose opinion i would go on to be fair. Not saying he'll be a world beater, although times on his side but he is 20 and already good enough for a Prem team, he'll forge a career in and around the top flight, not bad for being crap like.

Someone put some stats up (it may have been me actually) that essentially showed his performances this season were almost identical to Keita. I have little doubt, with the right development he'd be good enough to be a solid, top 10 midfield player. The problem is, we have 2 lads in midfield who'd walk into most top 6 teams midfield. So it's difficult for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.