2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting stick when on international duty now then for not playing against good enough teams. Just doesn’t let up. Best fans in the world though because we pay the club some money.

Why I like Davies as captain:

1. He isn’t Mr. nice guy. He is a passive aggressive little snide that wastes time and messes with the opposition (bumping, rash but not too rash challenges). He is the kind of guy you’d hate if you supported anyone else.

2. He has responded well and doesn’t seemed phased in the slightest by anything. You don’t want to see your captain lose his cool and you don’t want him to make those halfhearted pansy appeals to the ref (aka Jags.... xoxo). Shows no emotion which is actually a good thing in most circumstances.

Having said that, I do wish he was in the refs face a little more and I’d like to see him become more of a leader on the pitch. The lad is 20 though and surrounded by seniors, so maybe he has to earn that respect first.

Last edited:
Just watched the U21 game and thought he played really well. I know you can say “it’s only Andorra” but to me it doesn’t matter who you’re against - football is still the same game. I wonder if playing for his boyhood club in the PL affects him? He just seems a lot more confident and relaxed whenever he’s with England.
He’s more confident and relaxed because he’s playing against league 2 standard players. You say it’s the same game but it’s really not in a lot of aspects. The rules may be the same but that’s it.

1. He isn’t Mr. nice guy. He is a passive aggressive little snide that wastes time and messes with the opposition (bumping, rash but not too rash challenges). He is the kind of guy you’d hate if you supported anyone else.

2. He has responded well and doesn’t seemed phased in the slightest by anything. You don’t want to see your captain lose his cool and you don’t want him to make those halfhearted pansy appeals to the ref (aka Jags.... xoxo). Shows no emotion which is actually a good thing in most circumstances.

Having said that, I do wish he was in the refs face a little more and I’d like to see him become more of a leader on the pitch. The lad is 20 though and surrounded by seniors, so maybe he has to earn that respect first.

why i dont like davies as captain:

1. hes not good enough to be in our starting 11

You missed out that he winds up all the dars in our fan base even more when he dares wear a piece of fabric on his arm.

I'm not even getting into a debate if people are using terms like 'touch radius'.

Can tell you're a yank.
Generally like you Nymz, but that’s such a cop out. The English don’t own the sport and I was unaware you didn’t know that a radius was a measure of how far a ball gets away on a first touch. I’ll dumb it down from now on.

Generally like you Nymz, but that’s such a cop out. The English don’t own the sport and I was unaware you didn’t know that a radius was a measure of how far a ball gets away on a first touch. I’ll dumb it down from now on.

I'm aware of a radius mate but a touch radius just isn't a football term whatsoever. He gets pressed on the ball no matter the opposition but his passes seem crisper and more accurate when with England I think it's clear to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.