Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly never thought he was as bad as some would make out. Completely understood why he was in the team at times, just not a mentally strong footballer.

Totally agree mate.

However, Evertonians ( and most other clubs for that matter ), have an odd habit of picking on one of their own players to see if they can break them. If that player doesn't have the mental strength and self belief to cope with that, then a decent player ends up leaving the club.

Tis always ( well all my life anyway ) been so, but it's even more noticeable in the internet age when someone can easily orchestrate an online hate* campaign.

*hate's a bit strong, but I'm struggling to find the right word.

Bed
Ban
Bed

Exhibit A your honour

:coffee:

Totally agree mate.

However, Evertonians ( and most other clubs for that matter ), have an odd habit of picking on one of their own players to see if they can break them. If that player doesn't have the mental strength and self belief to cope with that, then a decent player ends up leaving the club.

Tis always ( well all my life anyway ) been so, but it's even more noticeable in the internet age when someone can easily orchestrate an online hate* campaign.

*hate's a bit strong, but I'm struggling to find the right word.

Exhibit A your honour

:coffee:

It's okay Woolly, we've replaced him with a much more expensive version in Klaassen

It's okay Woolly, we've replaced him with a much more expensive version in Klaassen

Klaassen might, but might not, end up as a very good Premier League player, and certainly has the potential to be better than Cleverley. There's always a risk involved in signing someone from a slower, poorer league, but them's the risks you take.

I liked Cleverley to be honest, thought he at least offered more and was more interested than the likes of McCarthy and Besic. Him leaving was all about his desire to play every week and I respect that. Nobody booed him today and rightly so and to be fair it did take bottle to even want to step up and take that penalty.

Had he scored it hand on heart I don't think he'd have shushed us, he wrote a very classy letter to the fans when he left so I don't think he holds any ill-will. Nice lad, gorgeous missus, he's winning life overall. God bless.

Mentally weak waste of space that used to freeze any time he was faced with even a slightly tricky pass. Can't believe people rated him. He was the master of the underhit square ball. Cannot believe they let him hit that pen, knew he would miss it. I wasn't even worried when I saw him pick up the ball lol

I liked Cleverley to be honest, thought he at least offered more and was more interested than the likes of McCarthy and Besic. Him leaving was all about his desire to play every week and I respect that. Nobody booed him today and rightly so and to be fair it did take bottle to even want to step up and take that penalty.

Had he scored it hand on heart I don't think he'd have shushed us, he wrote a very classy letter to the fans when he left so I don't think he holds any ill-will. Nice lad, gorgeous missus, he's winning life overall. God bless.

Nobody booed him mate, because up until the penalty, they weren't even aware he was on the pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.