To All Scousers

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be quite honest, I just preferred the colour blue!

I was born on Merseyside, spent the first 14years of my life there. Loved every single minute of it! Miss it madly! Especially when I go back, just like going home.

Anyhow, I digress. My father was a Man Utd fan, my mother has always said if Everton were playing Liverpool on her front yard, she'd close the curtains - not a football fan at all.

I went to school (as you do) and everyone was either red or blue...I can't remember ever being asked who I supported, I just knew I preferred the colour blue over red. I must've been 5 years old at the time...this would've been 1979.

It wasn't a choice, when your dad is that hardcore hes never seen Gerrard play, he straight refuses to watch the smegs to the extent he hasn't watched a derby since the 80's,
its Everton or banishment

Mixed family 8 of us. Parents both reds. 2brothers blues, 2 sisters reds and a random man utd fan. Essentially my 2 elder bros would have a kick around with each other, the eldest followed kopites as my dad was a red so the 2nd brother would be Everton and they'd play a game in the back yard. My dad died when I was very young and brother no2 became a bit of a father figure so I followed his team, the might blues

Me and my brother saw the light and followed in my late uncle's direction with Everton. Simply that. Its a mixed bag with some reds in my family. Strange really. But glad I chose it right.

Almost every Blue I know either has a season ticket or tries to go a few games a season, and seems thats way for most Blues on here, that I read....

My question is, why do we not smash 40k every single home game of every season, if the above was true !?!?!
we have 30k season tickets do we not? so 3/4 of the ground is ALWAYS full. I imagine the remaining seats are situated behind one of the many delightful posts we have, and the away fans. But you do save a quid sitting behind one, so no excuses not to go...

Dad is a die hard blue. His Dad is a red and his Mum was a blue so when he was old enough to make his mind up he went to a game at Anfield with his dad and saw Liverpool win, then he went with his uncle eddie, his mum's brother, to see Everton at Goodison, we lost he recalls, yet he had made up his mind already and came home that day wearing a royal blue bobble hat. He followed Everton everywhere by the stories he tells and is proud that he attended all but one game in a the 80's right up until i was born in 91. I was inherently blue, my dad and uncle col made sure of that by buying a big everton teddy that's in shot on every photograph taken, considering both my grandads and all other uncles are reds and would surely be visiting soon they definately wanted to ensure there was no doubt who i was going to be supporting, apparently my uncle pete brought a baby liverpool kit to take the mickey, bit of banter i suppose but me dad's still p'd off about it to this day!

Born. Registered with the junior blues thing as it was back in the day when I was five hours old. My dad used to teach me grand old team and here we go on a Sunday morning and nothing has ever swayed me. Not even getting my heart broken as an 8 year old against Chelsea in the FA cup final. Nothing beats the buzz of this place

Last edited:
My Grandad who was a staunch red, took my Dad to his first match, a derby game when he was a kid in the sixties (forget which match it was). Red and white scalf, stood in the Kop and Liverpool won.

Walking out the ground my Grandad asked did he enjoy it to which my Dad responded by taking off the scalf and telling him that Everton should have won and he wanted to be a blue.

Needless to say my Grandad was fuming and still fumed about it to me and my brother when we were growing up.

Boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.