Time To Get Behind Beattie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That says it all, the bloke is a clown and they tell jokes and make you laugh. I do not doubt that he is a nice guy but he is getting paid loads of dosh for not doing his job. I may be new here but some of you seem to be in cloud cuckoo land, why give him one more chance, why worry about him biting us in the arse the bloke has no teeth and would have gone long a go but no one wants him!
I will support him when i go to the match but imo he is not good enough yes he is popular with the other lads and he gets the lads going on the pitch but his job is to lead the line and put the ball away and imo is very poor at that.

I will support him when i go to the match but imo he is not good enough yes he is popular with the other lads and he gets the lads going on the pitch but his job is to lead the line and put the ball away and imo is very poor at that.

I have never said that I would not support him on the park, all fans must support anyone wearing the shirt. What I do say is that Beattie is just not good enough, doesn't earn his corn and should leave the club, jokes or not he is crap

Haha I thought this was a joke thread!!

Lets Get behind beattie.... because its hot and the lads got plenty of shade!

..... anymore?

His form over the last 12 months has been as bad as any Everton player I can remember. Whilst I would love it for him to return to his southampton form, I just dont think he ever will for us. I'm surprised he's still with us.

Thinking about it, the upside potential is big, because at least compared to last season he can't be worse.......can he?

Chelsea last game of the season, when the team were getting back on the for the 2nd half, he high fived every player, he didnt need to do it, he could sulk and not choose to get involved but he was giving everyone encouragement and i was there stunned because i never see players like that, with 18 year olds getting in the team above him he could be angry but no not beatts, he is professional and a friend to every member of the team and he is a asset to the club.

If I know I'm not good enough and earning more than I deserve every week I will not be a thorn in the side and try to blend in as much as possible to avoid criticism from my teammates.

Against RSL, he didn't threaten the goal much but did get his head to a few long balls that AJ was unfortunate not to get to.

I was a big supporter of him but even I've slowly started to crawl off the bandwagon. I don't remember seeing any recent match where he was truly dangerous to the opposing defense. I'm not talking about holding the ball up, flicking a header, or making a good pass.

I'm talking about getting the ball and his first instinct being a direct line for goal with the idea of firing it in. He just doesn't seem to look for the goal first anymore and most top drawer strikers do, even at the risk of looking selfish. I think too many times, he looks to set others up before looking to score and I really would rather have our midfielders doing that. At least if he puts one on the frame, another player might be there for a rebound or deflection.

I would have thought last year was make or break for him but it seems that Moyes is gonna give him another shot. If he comes good or even contributes in the slightest (i.e. more than last year), I'll be thrilled for him and thrilled for the club.

As for VDM, I'm with you Axlshwk. I'm at the point with him this year where I was with Beattie last year. I am slightly more excited about the prospect of a healthy, fit, and motivated VDM on the pitch this year. I'd really like to see it happen.

Difference between VDM and BT
VDM - Unhappy being left out of the team because he knows he can offer something to the side.
BT - Happy to play whatever role he is given even if it means sitting on bench week after week.

VDM - Does not have the faith from moyes hence wiping out his play time. Not that he is unfit.
BT - Still have faith from moyes and will definitely play if Anichebe and vaughan is injured.

Difference between VDM and BT
VDM - Unhappy being left out of the team because he knows he can offer something to the side.
BT - Happy to play whatever role he is given even if it means sitting on bench week after week.

VDM - Does not have the faith from moyes hence wiping out his play time. Not that he is unfit.
BT - Still have faith from moyes and will definitely play if Anichebe and vaughan is injured.

Summed up, both of them f••king shoddy - I'd be out of a job instantly if I produced the same level of [Poor language removed] they have offered over the last year. I really hope they deliver something this season because I've had enough of huffing and puffing/lame excuses/injury woes/personal problems- my dogs gone missing(alright, I'll let him off that one being an animal lover)/ other [Poor language removed] excuses.....did someone put angry juice in my beer?!!:angry:

Sorry but the guy is well past his best and could maybe do with another manager/coach to look at the way he plays now, and how he should play in the future, so will I get behind him?

Yeah... to help push him out the door.

The guy personally is alright, he doesnt come out in the papers slagging the team off, or get caught drink driving, wife beating or anything like that, but this is a results game and he has had long enough to make an impression, just like M Bent, he has done his bit, and it is time for him to take a pay cut and move on. I'm a bit suprised we couldnt fob him off to the blades as part of the Jagielka deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.