Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have to take your word on that.

He was dodgy for United when he played last season. He's been poor whenever he's played for their U21s. He hasn't played top-level football for 8 months and before that due to his injury he hadn't played in 18 months...

He may prove everyone wrong at Liege, but you would think there would have been a few more high-profile European clubs in for him if any of them thought he was half decent.

He was dodgy for United when he played last season. He's been poor whenever he's played for their U21s. He hasn't played top-level football for 8 months and before that due to his injury he hadn't played in 18 months...

He may prove everyone wrong at Liege, but you would think there would have been a few more high-profile European clubs in for him if any of them thought he was half decent.
I suppose I'll just have to bow to your superior knowledge on the subject. I know you wouldn't speak with such conviction if you were just plucking excuses out of the air.

Was looking at the top 5 teams in the league

Leicester-Schmeichel
City - Hart
Spurs - Lloris
Arsenal - Cech
United - De Gea

Apart from Cortois,Butland & Forster these 8 are probably the best goalies in the league!

Its no coincidence too that Chelsea & Southamptons form have coincided with returns for there injured goalkeepers.

Underlines to me how important that position is!

Was looking at the top 5 teams in the league

Leicester-Schmeichel
City - Hart
Spurs - Lloris
Arsenal - Cech
United - De Gea

Apart from Cortois,Butland & Forster these 8 are probably the best goalies in the league!

Its no coincidence too that Chelsea & Southamptons form have coincided with returns for there injured goalkeepers.

Underlines to me how important that position is!

Hopefully Joel gets a shot mate and makes the most of it, and we then can go for that position in the summer.

Robles definitely has all the tools to be a good keeper though, IMO.

Hopefully Joel gets a shot mate and makes the most of it, and we then can go for that position in the summer.

Agree with that.

I think Joel can make a similar impact as Adrian has at West Ham given game time!
No one new who he was when he came in for Jaskilenen (spelling)
But he is their outright number one now, and is a very good goalkeeper

As much as Howard frustrates me, he probably is good to have around the club but that doesn't mean he should be starting anymore. He's cost us to many points this season and could really cost Martinez his job.

My belief is that if he is given the chance from now to the end of the season Joel will sieze it with both hands......save us a fortune in the summer and become our keeper for most of the next decade ;)

Come on Joel......no passeran.......

My belief is that if he is given the chance from now to the end of the season Joel will sieze it with both hands......save us a fortune in the summer and become our keeper for most of the next decade ;)

Come on Joel......no passeran.......
He won't just sieze it with both hands, he'll catch it and then throw it over the halfway line to start a counter attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.