Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what? You said name a good keeper who moved in January, as though it was some kind of footballing impossibility to sign a decent player in January. I named one who did. He was first choice at Pompey too.

Him going into the Stoke side has got nothing to do with anything. January can see you ripped off selling and buying. It can also offer some decent players up cheap, depending on the situation his club is in.

You're trying to tell me there wasn't one better keeper than Howard available when there's probably half a league full of them underneath us.

Turn it in.

I think Howard is better than most of the goalkeepers in the Championship, yes.

What I meant by Begovic is that it proves that it's very hard to get a first choice keeper who is ready to go straight into the starting XI of a team supposedly challenging for Europe in the middle of the season. That's true.

Turn it in.

Martinez was just on Radio Merseyside talking about the new striker, the last question was about Howard. Martinez said " Tim's professional and his commitment to the cause is phenomenal, he has trained this afternoon and his movement was good. We will assess him tomorrow but he wants to play "

I think Howard is better than most of the goalkeepers in the Championship, yes.

What I meant by Begovic is that it proves that it's very hard to get a first choice keeper who is ready to go straight into the starting XI of a team supposedly challenging for Europe in the middle of the season. That's true.

Turn it in.

OK. I accept the apology

Maybe he knows Joel isn't the answer? We haven't saw enough to judge and probably neither has Martinez but he has worked with him for years.

While we had Coleman, Baines and Jagielka injured then no manager would play a keeper like Joel over Howard. Now they're back it's completely different. Clean sheet and win tomorrow and it really could be the end for Howard.

So therefore he should be helping to deflect the flack like he does with the outfield players. I don't think Howard at this age or Robles are of a standard for any top 10 team. The worrying thing is he doesn't think Robles is good enough to be No1, yet won't try and sign a goalie who is good enough.

Not arguing about his form at all, just the over the top hatred he gets just because hes declined and sarcastically clapped at fans who were giving him abuse. It's not as if it was unprovoked and you still see him taking pictures with young fans so he hardly despises evertonians. He even gets abuse on twitter when he's just tweeting about his tourettes charity. Alot of people will say I'm just defending him because I'm American but alot of the points I made here I'd apply to Ossie as well.

Ossie has Tourette's?

Ossie has Tourette's?
no but he gets over the top hatred due to the fact he's just not that good anymore despite him being a blue who did well for the club for a good amount of years. There's a line between being upset with a players performance and personal abuse such as wishing injury, etc

and he's hardly an improvement on Howard. Plus he hasn't played for 8 months.
lol

I suppose experience of winning everything in football is secondary to putting up a spirited effort in the battle to get a game ahead of Roy Carroll.

Would have been nice to go half a season without his slapstick distribution too.

no but he gets over the top hatred due to the fact he's just not that good anymore despite him being a blue who did well for the club for a good amount of years. There's a line between being upset with a players performance and personal abuse such as wishing injury, etc

Was only messing.... Saying that, I never want to see is man play in an Everton shirt again. He has been ok for us , but, is completely past it now

Status
Not open for further replies.