Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he could try and be less crap mate.

The defence have been poor, but half of the time that's entirely down to them not trusting Howard or Howard standing on his goal-line and never moving off it. Things like that.
He's obviously not been in good form but I don't think it's due to a lack of effort. Wanting him to be benched his fair enough but there'd be a party if he got tore his acl or something similar. Don't think you should wish injury on anybody

He's obviously not been in good form but I don't think it's due to a lack of effort. Wanting him to be benched his fair enough but there'd be a party if he got tore his acl or something similar. Don't think you should wish injury on anybody

Oh no not at all mate.

Just he really hasn't helped himself. He's not at fault for all the goals... just quite a lot. the main thing for me is that even though the manager has stuck by him (wrongly IMO), the reason given has been Howard's experience to help out a young defence.

At no point bar the City game (when he was good) has Howard helped out our young defence. He doesn't talk to them, he doesn't command his area, he never moves from his line, his failure to ever learn not to dive in at a striker's feet when they're through on goal...

The lack of trust between Howard and Stones, for example, is clear for all to see. Compare that to Joel who never stops talking, never stops working with his defence.

Howard has been a very good player for us but unfortunately he has cost us more than he has saved us in recent memory.

Oh no not at all mate.

Just he really hasn't helped himself. He's not at fault for all the goals... just quite a lot. the main thing for me is that even though the manager has stuck by him (wrongly IMO), the reason given has been Howard's experience to help out a young defence.

At no point bar the City game (when he was good) has Howard helped out our young defence. He doesn't talk to them, he doesn't command his area, he never moves from his line, his failure to ever learn not to dive in at a striker's feet when they're through on goal...

The lack of trust between Howard and Stones, for example, is clear for all to see. Compare that to Joel who never stops talking, never stops working with his defence.

Howard has been a very good player for us but unfortunately he has cost us more than he has saved us in recent memory.
Not arguing about his form at all, just the over the top hatred he gets just because hes declined and sarcastically clapped at fans who were giving him abuse. It's not as if it was unprovoked and you still see him taking pictures with young fans so he hardly despises evertonians. He even gets abuse on twitter when he's just tweeting about his tourettes charity. Alot of people will say I'm just defending him because I'm American but alot of the points I made here I'd apply to Ossie as well.

Not arguing about his form at all, just the over the top hatred he gets just because hes declined and sarcastically clapped at fans who were giving him abuse. It's not as if it was unprovoked and you still see him taking pictures with young fans so he hardly despises evertonians. He even gets abuse on twitter when he's just tweeting about his tourettes charity. Alot of people will say I'm just defending him because I'm American but alot of the points I made here I'd apply to Ossie as well.

Agree completely mate.

He's a good blue Howard, and loves the club. Just ultimately isn't up to been first choice anymore unless him being dropped (if it is the case) can give him the kick up the backside he needs.

Begovic moved last summer - and pretty sure he moved from Portsmouth to Stoke in a summer window as well? He definitely didn't become first choice straight away either.

Valdes was a free agent. He's now on loan at Standard Liege.

Cesar went to QPR (on loan, was it not)?

Robles, again, was a loan.

I clearly stated decent, first-choice goalkeepers. I meant that I don't think any keepers who made moves in this window or were available for a move that would have greatly improved us. I'd rather us wait until the summer and get the right one at the right price, instead of rushing in and paying over the odds.
Begovic moved to Stoke in January (well, February).

Who is Valdes on loan from if he was a free agent? Himself?

You get players whenever you stump up the the money. I agree that summer deals are preferable, but then you lose that bit of leeway when you knowingly start the season with a goalkeeper who is grossly incompetent. A stopgap would have been fine as long as it meant getting Howard out of the team - he's that bad.

Martinez should take as much of the abuse as Howard gets. Howard doesn't set out too make a mistake, if he's not good enough then it's the managers responsibility to replace him.
Maybe he knows Joel isn't the answer? We haven't saw enough to judge and probably neither has Martinez but he has worked with him for years.

While we had Coleman, Baines and Jagielka injured then no manager would play a keeper like Joel over Howard. Now they're back it's completely different. Clean sheet and win tomorrow and it really could be the end for Howard.

Begovic moved to Stoke in January (well, February).

Who is Valdes on loan from if he was a free agent? Himself?

You get players whenever you stump up the the money. I agree that summer deals are preferable, but then you lose that bit of leeway when you knowingly start the season with a goalkeeper who is grossly incompetent. A stopgap would have been fine as long as it meant getting Howard out of the team - he's that bad.
I think the anyone but Howard line of thinking isn't very constructive. I'd rather start robles the rest of the year than throw 10M at Cardiff for a stopgap like marshall.

I think the anyone but Howard line of thinking isn't very constructive. I'd rather start robles the rest of the year than throw 10M at Cardiff for a stopgap like marshall.
I was thinking more along the lines of Valdes on a short-term deal.

....I'd agree with the whole personal abuse thing, it's not nice, however the whole 'he doesn't pick himself' scenario is less clear, there may be a subconscious fan belief (rightly or wrongly) that he's not being dropped due to the potential for eh, dramatics on his part within the dressing room, rather than turning the ire on Bobby solely perhaps there is an (again subconscious) empathy for the position Roberto is 'speculatively' in, could all be pure conjecture that Tim is a bit of a bell, but you know what I'm getting at?

He could admit he's been poor instead of saying if you're not a professional goalkeeper then you can't judge me. It's the big ego that irritates me. Yes, he doesn't pick himself but at least hold yo

Status
Not open for further replies.