Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Howard was at fault but not totally. Baines was standing to the left of the wall like a spare pr**k at a wedding. In that position he should have been attacking the ball in fact the whole wall should attack the ball.

For me Howard doesn't command his box enough maybe a lack of confidence. There was an incident which showed this in the game yesterday when a long ball over the top and he hesitated and nearly cost another goal. Time for change No stick by him because to be quite honest he wasn't the worst player out there yesterday there was a few others ahead of him.

I look at that free kick from the sideways perspective.

If Baines or Arteta had scored that, we would be saying it was unstoppable and what a great goal. Or would we really be saying, their keeper should have saved that, we were lucky to score that.

Just throwing that into the pot boys.

As an example I was far more concerned by the goal Tim let in against Sunderland, the one that went by his legs. There was no instinct or reaction from him.

Ok, so his form had dipped this season. If we hang everybody who has had a dip in form then we will not have many left!

There are better goalkeepers in the world, Everton do not have one of them though. So we hope Tim becomes awesome again!

Time for Howard to sit on the bench. He's been [Poor language removed] so far this season.

Morning Sharpy,

I did think hard about this issue before my last posting. Im thinking like LCAB and a few others, Mucha isnt the answer yet and so we have to hope Howard starts playing to a better level. *shrugs*

Of course all the Americans back their man. Stop burying your head in the sand, he's been quality for us in the past but well below par this season.

Dude, not all of them did. TX Bill comes to mind. And I also didn't blindly say, keep going Tim! Please don't generalize and insult us. And we've seen him play games for us in this last year too. I don't want to start a banter on this, but I did want to point that out. I'm not trying to be rude here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't he practically take his own shoulder off trying to save the free kick? Slammed the post pretty hard from what I saw.

Of course all the Americans back their man. Stop burying your head in the sand, he's been quality for us in the past but well below par this season.

Just checked my passport and it says Dutch. No need for accusing anyone on here mate. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Some agree with you, some don't. I don't agree for the record

Thought he was at fault for the free-kick today, to me it looked like he expecting that to go over. It was a good free-kick but from a distance that I expect a Premiership keeper to save. If he shuffled across he could have easily caught that or pushed it over instead of attempting a half-hearted leap /dive.

I'm a bit concerned about him this eason, time for Mucha?

Thats my opionion anyway.

I don't think he was to blame for the goal..The wall could of done alot more..but that also has to do with the quality of the free kick to get it over and then to dip..I do think he should shake things up though..Try mucha..He's number one for his country and from wat I have seen of him he looks pretty solid..but I think we all looking for answers to why we have been so [Poor language removed]..This won't stop by just changing the GK position..

I still think he was responsible for the free kick.

BECAUSE, yes it was an absolute screamer. But he gets his hand right by it, then -- I swear I'm not imagining it -- he seems to pull his hand away slightly, at the last minute. Perhaps he thought it was going over.

Just checked my passport and it says Dutch. No need for accusing anyone on here mate. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Some agree with you, some don't. I don't agree for the record

Urgh my post wasn't intended to look that way. Apologies if it did. I'd probably do the same for Cahill for the record - its only natural.

After viewing all the goals just a min ago, I feel if he could have done any better with any of the goals it was the first. Got a good hand to it.

Didnt stand a chance with the free kick, and that goes for any keeper in the league either. So it again baffles me as to how Howard is getting the blame, seemingly, for yesterdays defeat. We were in slight contention for the game before the red, then we had no chance after that. The red was deserved for what Arteta did, but how on earth the ref missed the arm in the face and a two footed lunge from their guy I dont know. His reaction after the stamp was basic cheating too, he got trodden on, then did nothing, looked at the ref before rolling on the floor like a bus had hit him.

Status
Not open for further replies.