Threat to Board members safety means they wont attend southampton game

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need to provide some proof of these threats if they’re going to make that accusation.
That's a difficult one because, if the threat is considered a potential criminal offence, the police aren't going to disclose the nature of the threat or who it's from.

The big point is whether it would reach the threshold and the police become involved.

I hope the usual anti board mob (seems a more appropriate word today) who have been campaigning on every little negative for 15 yrs are pleased with themselves that it has come to threats of violence against the board.
You have brought utter shame on our fanbase. I am absolutely disgusted

You are a shameful worm and the French police were right.

I have to say I am sitting in disbelief at that statement as vague as it is e.g. from a security advisor, and not police. The cynic in me (and I think most) that it’s just stage 2 of the blame being shifted to the fans (following FMs interview this week) and the ultimate deflection tactic. The impartial part of me recognises that I simply do not know whether this is true (because society does include some unsavoury radical characters). What is for certain in my mind is that any goodwill or trust between the club board and the fans that was still left has now irrevocably disappeared - this is an irreversible move and will no doubt act as a catalyst for change within the club - it’s just a matter of time now. The way the fans make a mockery of that statement now is to be as good as gold now in welcoming the bus and the sit in.

Don’t doubt the protests will be peaceful but this is even more reason to ensure the protest remains classy otherwise we’re just adding fuel to their narrative.

One or two utter morons physically threatening them has been weaponised and turned against the whole movement.

There’s no mention of the majority being entirely peaceful, of protest being every fan’s right. It’s tarring all of us with the brush of the moronic few - and it won’t help endear them to the wider fanbase.
And that's the issue now, whoever is responsible for the threats has moved the entire story; in the wider worlds eyes it's no longer a fanbase protesting against a useless board, it's something more sinister.

That's the sad reality

Status
Not open for further replies.