Threat to Board members safety means they wont attend southampton game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard this break on 5Live and the reporter at Goodison says they were told by the club spokesperson that DBB car was spat at and rocked after the Brighton game.

Surely if that happened it would have been all over twhe media. I've seen nothing about that happening anywhere.

Ah it was Juliette Ferrington.

She's has just tweeted this.

I need to say thought it’s really funny when you think about. The board been told to stay away because of some threats of violence. Maybe 1 or 2 idiots have sent a email or tweet. Yet was okay to still have Rafael as manager and attend the games when he had bedsheet’s literally outside his house and getting threats. I’m sorry they are cowards and it's an act to flip it onto the fans. Blame the fans is our new motto!

I've never been so appalled by the club.

There's zero transparency in that statement - I doubt it's credibility.

There's no obligation to attend, just don't attend. The statement for me is for one purpose, and that's to spin the narrative.

Pretty disgusting.

The statement said they have been “instructed” not to attend mate.

Who could have instructed them bar the feds, to be honest that gives me pause for thought.

Neither side wants this to escalate to anything else but appropriate protest.

So I’m not sure it’s discretionary or not wanting to face the music or whether the Feds have told them to stay away after risk assessing it,

Farhad, as owner of the club had the opportunity in his letter to the fans forum, his impromptu appearance on Talksport and access to all ofgical everton communication platforms to talk about and condemn any attack on a board member, that apparently occured 11 days ago and said nothing. I wonder was it was because:

A It didn't happen
B He doesn't communicate with the board

My moneys on A.

Status
Not open for further replies.