Threat to Board members safety means they wont attend southampton game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Which part of what I reasoned upset you most @Big Sams Undies .... do elaborate. Or are we at the point where you'd prefer to send bullets in the post?

Its a pass time.
The fact that it’s blatant lies or, at the very worst, a gross over exaggeration of a nothing comment online that have been used by our “board” in an attempt to gain sympathy for themselves and paint those fans who are unhappy with them as thugs.

Self preservation at any cost.

Seat sniffers like you who buy into this garbage deserve the club you now have.

I've never been so appalled by the club.

There's zero transparency in that statement - I doubt it's credibility.

There's no obligation to attend, just don't attend. The statement for me is for one purpose, and that's to spin the narrative.

Pretty disgusting.
There was no need for the statement at all, simply just don't attend, it's straight out of a Bill Kenwright drama performance.

Fans have arranged the most peaceful and professional protest ever and these unaccountable cowards are using it to hide and paint some of the fans as some sort of domestic terrorists or the like. As far as i am concerned, this board are enemies of Everton Football Club and need to be ousted as fast as possible. I am livid tbh. Don't want anything to do with scumbags like that.
They're saying its correspondence so it just might be nothing to do with the justified peaceful protests.

One or two utter morons physically threatening them has been weaponised and turned against the whole movement.

There’s no mention of the majority being entirely peaceful, of protest being every fan’s right. It’s tarring all of us with the brush of the moronic few - and it won’t help endear them to the wider fanbase.

I've never been so appalled by the club.

There's zero transparency in that statement - I doubt it's credibility.

There's no obligation to attend, just don't attend. The statement for me is for one purpose, and that's to spin the narrative.

Pretty disgusting.
Potentially, disinformation at its finest from the club. Don't get me wrong, I won't be surprised if some moron has sent some questionable comments to the club.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's some thinly veiled threats too, but in such situations there is a process to question the validity of the threat, and the risk involved.

Has this advice came from within the club or the safety board chaired by the police? Surely, if the threat was deemed so severe, it would be the latter.

I have a feeling it's instead from the former, so the club are looking at protecting their own backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.