This week will determine if Europe is a possibility for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beat chelsea next and we are going to be flying confidence wise. We've done well against the top sides this season so I'm more confident about getting something out of this one than the last two. We are well in the mix for CL though, 12 games left and no European fixtures for us. I actually do think we will do it (CL) given the above and our fixtures.

Beat Chelsea, Burnley, and the two Villa Games and we will finish with over 70 points for sure. At least third.
Our home form will improve and our away form has the momentum.
This week defined our season.

20 league wins should get us Europa League - so minimum 6 wins out of the remaining 12.

22 league wins will put us right in contention for Champions League. So we'd need to win 8 out of the remaining 12. Very tough, but possible.

Might be the ideal time to play them, hopefully they have their eye on a champions league final to worry about and the league title secured.

They won't have anything to play for. They won't need to win it only for pride
I'm very much the sort of person who worries about playing a relaxed Manchester City side. Add in the prospect of a Champions League final and players wanting to impress for that - as well as a 100 game winning streak by then - and I don't feel great about our prospects.

We have to be budgeting for 0 points there, I think.

I'm very much the sort of person who worries about playing a relaxed Manchester City side. Add in the prospect of a Champions League final and players wanting to impress for that - as well as a 100 game winning streak by then - and I don't feel great about our prospects.

Let's worry about that 1 when it happens.

Might be the ideal time to play them, hopefully they have their eye on a champions league final to worry about and the league title secured.
Better we don't need anything from that game as a second string City team will still be very tough to even get a draw.
No doubt that will be the trophy presentation so they will want to go in style.

Secure CL the game before City, i don't think i could handle the arse twitching if we needed a point in the last game.

Status
Not open for further replies.