This week will determine if Europe is a possibility for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massive game this, Need to score first because that monster will be forced to come out and play.

Win tonight followed by a draw between the RS andChelsea with a couple of tweeked hammys would round off an excellent week

Win tonight followed by a draw between the RS andChelsea with a couple of tweeked hammys would round off an excellent week
I want us to win
Chelsea game
My heart wants Chelsea to rip the scum a new one
I want Chelsea to rip their head off , defecate in the hole and push the turds down with a disease ridden mop
I want them to go in the back door dry , hard and fast
My head wants a boring 0-0 draw

I want us to win
Chelsea game
My heart wants Chelsea to rip the scum a new one
I want Chelsea to rip their head off , defecate in the hole and push the turds down with a disease ridden mop
I want them to go in the back door dry , hard and fast
My head wants a boring 0-0 draw
This really

I reckon a win will be 3 points in the bag. A draw will be 2 points lost. A loss and the streets will run yellow with urine.

They could make space, but it would require coordination with a host of domestic leagues or continental confederations. Which is why they likely won't do it.

The most straightforward solution would be to swap a round of friendlies with the current World Cup qualifiers. That's a lot easier to do in an environment where ticket impacts are minimal than it would be under ordinary circumstances.
There aren't really rounds of friendlies anymore. Teams might have one friendly during an International break but then will also be playing "competitive" games. In Europe there is technically a round of friendlies before the Euros but they couldn't put World Cup Qualifiers in there as these games are warm ups for the tournament starting a week later.

Europe isn't really the issue in the short term though, it is South America and they have competitive games in every international break until the end of March 2022.

Two crunch games this week against opponents on paper that we should win. But, for some reason these type of games have been our achilles heel.

How refreshing this season to see us compete and win against the so called big six and even ending the hoodoo of actually winning at Anfield.

Home game against a Southampton team devoid of form and with our superb away form against a relegated looking team of West Brom should surely be 6 points in the bag???????

At certain points this season the hope has started to build to only be let down by poor displays ( Fulham and Newcastle spring to mind )

Win these games and Europe will be looking likely.

4 points would'nt be the end of the world but anything less will be detrimental to our European hopes.

Its make or break this week.

Not convincing performances but 6 points is superb.

I was more fearful about playing West Brom tonight than Chelsea next Monday!!

I'm giving myself a night off for Chelsea as a reward.

I'm not really sure what that means, but I'm looking forward to it nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.