This week will determine if Europe is a possibility for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Within 10 minutes tonight we will know what type of performance/result we will get.
I'm very confident we will play well and collect 3 points tonight, i know we've been here before but i reckon that derby win mentally was huge.

We have players back so I’m quietly confident. Allan gives our midfield bite that it’s lacking

Two crunch games this week against opponents on paper that we should win. But, for some reason these type of games have been our achilles heel.

How refreshing this season to see us compete and win against the so called big six and even ending the hoodoo of actually winning at Anfield.

Home game against a Southampton team devoid of form and with our superb away form against a relegated looking team of West Brom should surely be 6 points in the bag???????

At certain points this season the hope has started to build to only be let down by poor displays ( Fulham and Newcastle spring to mind )

Win these games and Europe will be looking likely.

4 points would'nt be the end of the world but anything less will be detrimental to our European hopes.

Its make or break this week.
Mate?

Tonight is the biggest game ever until it’s over and then Thursday is, hopefully it continues that way until the end of the season.

I remember top 4 and even Europe being scoffed at after 10/11 games where we had that bad run, then suddenly we beat Chelsea, Leicester and Arsenal on the bounce and we were back in the game... point being we’ve 14 games left and if we were to win 10 of them in any order we’ll likely get top 4 imo

Though if we win tonight we are 6 points behind Leicester with a game in hand.
It really is time for this group of players to show if they have the stomach for it.

We have a favourable run of fixtures coming up on paper, if we can start to put a bit of form together then we can start looking at teams above us. But first and foremost the focus should be on securing Europe.

Arsenal, Villa and Spurs are breathing heavily down our necks now. We need to open that gap back up. Forget about the likes of Leicester and United.
Honestly i don't think anyone is capable of putting a substantial run of wins together apart from City, im looking at who we can catch rather then who can catch us. Leicester lost 2 of their biggest players yesterday and have a habit of running out of steam, Utd play City at the weekend and if all went to plan we could be within 2-3 points of them after the weekend.

Hopefully Carlo will have come up with a solid plan on how to improve our form at home as well against teams that are not top 6 etc.

Good performance at home tonight and 3 points would be a good start of what needs to be a consistent final 3rd of the season if we are to have a chance of qualifying for Europe.

Results this week wont tell us if we get europe or not to me, we could win both and then still mess up, we could lose both yet beat teams we are not suppose to, we have proved that so much this season-i expect to win both but would not surprise if the west brom game ends harder with us having way less time

Status
Not open for further replies.