This is my lowest point in supporting Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deadly, half of that 18 man squad have played for them over the past few weeks, it was nowhere near the complete under strength squad that went to Villa in the League Cup

Yes you are right that their team vs Villa was much weaker than this but if you compare total cost of starting line ups which is an objective comparison it is:
RS: 43.95M
Blues: 221.06M

Also in that starting line up they had:
One 16yr old
Two 18yr olds
Three 22yr olds and
Two 19yr olds came off the bench

Only Gomez (22) has been a consistent starter for them recently.

Sometimes its best just to accept how bad a loss that was from their 2nd/3rd team vs what was arguably our strongest available 11.

I do feel robbed from investing so much time and money in this club to get so little in return. I suppose I do look back on the Moyes years with a degree of fondness. After growing up watching Everton in the 90s, it was great to see the likes of Arteta, Cahill, Jagielka etc give a decent shift every week.

Fast forward to the current crop and I just get angry. They are making millions out of playing for our club and giving nothing in return. I feel sorry for the kids who have to go to school tomorrow and take all the abuse that will come their way. We´ve pretty much surrendered the city to that lot and I worry about how small our fan base will be at the end of this coming decade.

When I look at the moments and experiences my mates have had from following Liverpool, I can´t help but be bitter. With Everton it´s been crushing disappointments following one after another with a few wins like the one against United last season, which let´s be honest mean nothing of any consequence.

Even with Ancelotti at the helm, I see nothing to be optimistic about. I´ve been let down too many times to allow myself to dare to dream anymore.

Last edited:
Come on lads. It's grim but it could be a lot worse ffs

You could obviously make the argument that Sunderland have had an abysmal time of things lately but at least they´ve enjoyed success against Newcastle down the years and also throw in the fact that Newcastle aren´t one of the best teams in the world.

We have to put up with boring seasons in which we are literally done by January. At this point we now watch on to see how many trophies Liverpool can win.

I do feel robbed from investing so much time and money in this club to get so much little in return. I suppose I do look back on the Moyes years with a degree of fondness. After growing up watching Everton in the 90s, it was great to see the likes of Arteta, Cahill, Jagielka etc give a decent shift every week.

Fast forward to the current crop and I just get angry. They are making millions out of playing for our club and giving nothing in return. I feel sorry for the kids who have to go to school tomorrow and take all the abuse that will come their way. We´ve pretty much surrendered the city to that lot and I worry about how small our fan base will be at the end of this coming decade.

When I look at the moments and experiences my mates have had from following Liverpool, I can´t help but be bitter. With Everton it´s been crushing disappointments following one after another with a few wins like the one against United last season, which let´s be honest mean nothing of any consequence.

Even with Ancelotti at the helm, I see nothing to be optimistic about. I´ve been let down too many times to even allow myself to dare to dream anymore.

I feel your pain, it's almost like being stuck in a miserable marriage that offers nothing but you try to muddle along hoping that some day it will get better.

We need to ditch this plucky Everton attitude and just get our heads down and work. Problem is every time we get the slightest glimmer of hope most of us shout it from the rooftops which makes it funnier for other clubs, mainly the RS to laugh at us. Let's just keep quiet, look at our weaknesses and work on them.

I feel your pain, it's almost like being stuck in a miserable marriage that offers nothing but you try to muddle along hoping that some day it will get better.

We need to ditch this plucky Everton attitude and just get our heads down and work. Problem is every time we get the slightest glimmer of hope most of us shout it from the rooftops which makes it funnier for other clubs, mainly the RS to laugh at us. Let's just keep quiet, look at our weaknesses and work on them.

We saw it on here after two narrow wins against Burnley and Newcastle. People proclaiming all our problems had gone when it's pretty clear it was just a new manager bounce.

Does these cowardly players know what its like going into work tomorrow and putting up with what comes our way after that DISGRACE

I've just about had enough. I hate everything about us. My life would be so much better without us, I've never wondered more why I bother

Nope. Schneiderlin be like scrooge mcduck diving into his pool of cash.

We saw it on here after two narrow wins against Burnley and Newcastle. People proclaiming all our problems had gone when it's pretty clear it was just a new manager bounce.

I've seen it so many times. We go from players being world beaters to them not being fit to sweep the streets (radio Merseyside phone in) in the space of a couple of games.

I've been guilty of it in the past. At least this time we have a fantastic manager but we need to keep our mouths shut until we actually achieve something.

Going to take time to get over this. I think this was the straw that broke the camels back. Walking out of various stadiums including goodison in a state of disappointment, frustration and disbelief has come to a head. It's not just this result but an accumulation of results and last minute goals that have killed us. I felt empty walking out, I don't even remember getting home. Lied on the bed and slept for a couple of hours. I'm really disgusted in them and I have every right to feel this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.