Things we learned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martinez did far more damage and seems to get a free pass on here. One of the disciples of slow tippy tappy nonsense.

That last season of his was a shambles no doubt but at least we tried to play to a style. We didn’t have the players for that style however but at least you could see what the idea was before it all went to crap. I have no idea what we do now. Take one player out who plays direct with some pace and then we are done. A complete nothing team without a plan. I just hope Ancelotti in his mind knows where we need sorting and is planning on doing that in the next two transfer windows. Amazingly we still need another centre mid plus also an attacking mid with pace, striker and a right back.

Still fundamentally the same squad as last season.
We lack pace.
Rely too heavily on James for creativity (need someone else too)
Keane loses concentration and his man too often in our box.
Richy can’t afford to get suspended again as he’s too big a miss.
Apart from his goal Bernard was awful and always seems to be and has to go next window.
Tosun offers nothing got to go.
Iwobi did alright when he came on!!!

1. Pickford is hopeless. If I see that drop ball catch thing that he keeps doing I'll scream. I'd put Olsen in. I don't trust Pickford at all.

2. Gylfi. The Donald Trump of Everton. His useless time should have come to an end but you just know this ass hat won't leave until he's forced to vacate the premises. Just not doing enough to warrant a place. I'd rather anyone than him with maybe the exception of...

3. Gomes. If you had asked before the season who was going to be on my #$#& list then I would never have thought it would be Gomes. Absolutely useless this year - get shut please.

4. No depth. No right back cover for an ageing Coleman. No cover for Richarlison. No cover for Calvert-Lewin. Digne's backup is an experienced kid who looks like he could be the business. In fact after the first team the drop off in quality is abysmal.

5. We're in for a long haul but I think it'll get better. Holgate looked rusty and will improve. James came back into it as the game progressed. Richarlison will return. It'll get better. We're not going to be champions. We're not going to be relegated. Keep the better players healthy and keep Improving the squad and we'll get there eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.