2020/21 Thierry Small

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ajax seem to be the 'model' were following under Brands -- in terms of former players taking on roles.

The thing is, you never know if someone who has been a top player would become a good coach.

Carsley seems to have a good reputation while ive not heard about others like Cahill, though he may be so well off he fancies something else...

Not too bothered if we have a bunch of failed former players in the academy as long as theyre good coaches.

Not seen anything to show that we have good coaches or progression into the first team...hopefully that changes soon.

cahill has done his coaching badges with us too

Unsworth got a Promotion to "Director of the Academy" instead of being sacked.
FC Cosy of Walton. Job for life.

I have no problem with "The Ajax Model" of employing ex players for roles at the club, so long as they meet the required standard.

You can't tell me they can't find better candidates out there.
Carsley seems to have a good reputation while ive not heard about others like Cahill, though he may be so well off he fancies something else...
Carsley certainly a better fit than Unsworth.

Cahill has taken a cushy directorship at the Aspire Sports Academy in Qatar. He won't be looking for a real job anytime soon. Probably earns more there than he did for Everton.

Ajax seem to be the 'model' were following under Brands -- in terms of former players taking on roles.

The thing is, you never know if someone who has been a top player would become a good coach.

Not too bothered if we have a bunch of failed former players in the academy as long as theyre good coaches.

Not seen anything to show that we have good coaches or progression into the first team...hopefully that changes soon.
Ajax are typically in the running for the title every season and consistently have some of the best players in their league, so you’d assume the talent pool they have to choose from is highly technically sound.

We’re Everton.

I could'nt care if they are Foden level or not (Foden i think is being hyped a lot tbh) It would be nice if we could just encourage a few more youngsters into the first team, that was my point instead of wasting fortunes on second rate dross all the time. Wish i had never made the post now.
Football is a results based business.
A manager who concentrates on playing youngsters in a Premiership team is soon to be an out of work manager

Ajax are typically in the running for the title every season and consistently have some of the best players in their league, so you’d assume the talent pool they have to choose from is highly technically sound.

We’re Everton.

In terms of actual coaching level then im not sure either way if a home grown/former player coach of Everton is worse than a coach at Ajax.

I do think the main difference is having a playing identity which has worked for Ajax, Barca and others.

Football is a results based business.
A manager who concentrates on playing youngsters in a Premiership team is soon to be an out of work manager

Within a 23 man squad im confident you could have 8-10 u21 players with the potential to become starters...hungry and pushing the first team for their positions.

Contray to the worlds biggest blagger on Twitter. I've heard he's signed a new deal from good sources.
El Bobble took a gamble, he’s stook his neck out on the most likely outcome but gone “official” If you are right and he is wrong, be interesting to see what backtracking tweet he comes ups with to hold of his ITK status.

Contray to the worlds biggest blagger on Twitter. I've heard he's signed a new deal from good sources.
Would be good news I think but what an odd choice if so. If he'd just turned up to training while mulling it all over, he most likely would've had a full pre-season with the first team in Joe Andersons place.

Status
Not open for further replies.