2020/21 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the harm in him staying. But I think Gordon must be ahead of him now in the pecking order for sub minutes.
If Kean goes then maybe he stays as dcl's sub replacement when we are cruising or we need to rest him up

I don’t understand why professional footballers who play on the wing can be so bad at crossing a ball.
Theo is a case in point. Awful delivery. Surely he practices hour after hour but never gets any better.

Think there are better candidates to get rid of first. Atleast he has pace.

I don’t understand why professional footballers who play on the wing can be so bad at crossing a ball.
Theo is a case in point. Awful delivery. Surely he practices hour after hour but never gets any better.

Think there are better candidates to get rid of first. Atleast he has pace.
This sums up the problem with Theo.

There has been zero development in his performance since the age of 20.

He has always had pace and can occasionally finish but has never been able to cross a ball or get his head up to pick out a pass.

Of all our high earners we want rid of, Theo must be the most sellable of them all ?

No one is being linked to any it them though, which is now concerning.

This is THE point. I personally think he is better than YB, but that's like crowning the tallest dwarf. We would get a more significant fee (for reinvestment) from selling Walcott than anything we could hope to get from selling Bolasie.

Sell Theo, get decent RW cover on loan (hopefully option to buy if it's a young'un) and stick Bolasie in a big, glass case marked "In case of emergency/massive desire to lose".

I think he’s alright tbh. No way he should be commanding the wages he is but I’d sooner see the back of Bolasie, Sigudsson, Besic, Tosun, Iwobi etc.
I’d put him on a par with Bernard. I hope they don’t get games ahead of Gordon and there’s no way they should be earning what they are but unless they are sold and it brings in a top replacement like Zaha or Lozano, they’d make my bench for our strongest team.

I get what he can offer and he’s the only one currently who offers the run in behind from out wide trait but his gutless performance on Wednesday was a reminder of why he never cut it at Arsenal

I don't see the harm in him staying. But I think Gordon must be ahead of him now in the pecking order for sub minutes.
If Kean goes then maybe he stays as dcl's sub replacement when we are cruising or we need to rest him up

The harm is he's on 100k and offers absolutely nothing, him being here also means we cannot get a more efficient winger in due to the wages he's on

I think he’l be a useful squad player, Carlo will use him in the right games and situations but he won’t be starter But when having to play on the counter he’l be used and when needing fresh legs with for the last 20 no doubt. Another player I fear Has joined the likes of Siggy, Davies and co on the # we hate list

He was shocking against SALFORD

Status
Not open for further replies.