2020/21 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even in his worst season Walcott would score more goals than Bernard & Iwobi combined. It still makes no sense to me that he was allowed to leave without a replacement, and for a deal that clearly was not far more beneficial to Southampton.

He wasn't good enough but he was much better than others who remain. Good luck to him, I think he's a good lad.

Considering he is going to be a bench player for a club that will finish just above the relegation zone this season yet still has people asking if he could do a job in our first team shows exactly where the quality of our squad is.

I can not believe we didn't put a clause in the loan that if they signed him permanently after he ran out his contract they would have to pay a £2-3m fee. Just like city did with us and barry.

Stuff like this genuinely makes me question brands intelligence for making this club money. Maybe I price our players too highly but I dont think brands has sold a single player where I've said "we've done well to get that much out of them". I generally like brands but this aspect of him irks me.

Its mad that even though I think walcott was pretty poor for us. The fact he could of made a difference in one or two games this season really does highlight how poor our squad is.

...his contract was up, no way the player would agree to a loan deal with that clause. We got his wages off the books for a season (not sure if there was a loan fee involved), that was the best we could’ve done.

Great time to be a footballer.

...his contract was up, no way the player would agree to a loan deal with that clause. We got his wages off the books for a season (not sure if there was a loan fee involved), that was the best we could’ve done.

Great time to be a footballer.

We got half of his wages off the books we've still been paying the other half and like i said its the same thing that city did with us and barry when we loaned him off them. He was put of contract but we still had to pay them 3m to sign him. Just like Bournemouth has done with us if we sign king we'll have to pay them a couple of million even though he's out of contract at the end of the season.

The best we could of done for me was sell Bernard for the 8m roma offered and kept walcott. We would of gotten a fee + bernard is on more money then walcott so we would of saved money on wages and walcott is more suited to the Premier league so he would of played more and had more of an impact on the season in general.

Instead walcott walks out the door for free and Bernard will leave for significantly less then what we could of sold him for 8 months ago and we've been paying over 200k a week in wages for players we haven't used. This deal is literally the worst deal we could of ended up with.

He probably could have been a starter if he'd stayed, only RW we have. He wasn't very effectual after a good start though, he did have some good games but just faded.

We got half of his wages off the books we've still been paying the other half and like i said its the same thing that city did with us and barry when we loaned him off them. He was put of contract but we still had to pay them 3m to sign him. Just like Bournemouth has done with us if we sign king we'll have to pay them a couple of million even though he's out of contract at the end of the season.

The best we could of done for me was sell Bernard for the 8m roma offered and kept walcott. We would of gotten a fee + bernard is on more money then walcott so we would of saved money on wages and walcott is more suited to the Premier league so he would of played more and had more of an impact on the season in general.

Instead walcott walks out the door for free and Bernard will leave for significantly less then what we could of sold him for 8 months ago and we've been paying over 200k a week in wages for players we haven't used. This deal is literally the worst deal we could of ended up with.

....it’s the way it is. We got Bernard on a free which is why he’s on big bucks.

The power largely rests with players these days. I’m sure the Walcott deal was the best we could’ve got.

Status
Not open for further replies.