2020/21 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can not believe we didn't put a clause in the loan that if they signed him permanently after he ran out his contract they would have to pay a £2-3m fee. Just like city did with us and barry.

Stuff like this genuinely makes me question brands intelligence for making this club money. Maybe I price our players too highly but I dont think brands has sold a single player where I've said "we've done well to get that much out of them". I generally like brands but this aspect of him irks me.

Its mad that even though I think walcott was pretty poor for us. The fact he could of made a difference in one or two games this season really does highlight how poor our squad is.
I would imagine getting his wages off the books a year early was the target. Inserting a clause like that would probably have scuppered any deals!

I would imagine getting his wages off the books a year early was the target. Inserting a clause like that would probably have scuppered any deals!
But we did not get his wages off the books completely...did we not paid half his wages this year because southampton could not afford supposedly to pay what he was earning here?

But we did not get his wages off the books completely...did we not paid half his wages this year because southampton could not afford supposedly to pay what he was earning here?
Agree but any saving is a big saving even if we still pat some of the wage

Agree but any saving is a big saving even if we still pat some of the wage
Maybe with walcott we would be in european positions now...who knows...wonder what Southampton will be paying him with this new contract. I am sure it will be more than what they paid us this season.

Maybe with walcott we would be in european positions now...who knows...wonder what Southampton will be paying him with this new contract. I am sure it will be more than what they paid us this season.

We were paying him circa £60k a week to play for another Prem club, yep.

I imagine his wage will stay the same there (£60k), but he'll get a signing on bonus etc.

We were still paying half his wages anyway. If we'd of kept him and sold Bernard to roma we would of made more money and we would of had a stronger option off the bench.

If you're loaning our player we shouldn't be making concessions for them. We should be dictating the terms. The whole thing was a terrible loan imo.

The answer to our problems. No I will re-phrase that. Although he is crap, he is still a marginally better answer to our problems than Iwobi and Bernard ever will be.

What he is supposed to be would be the answer to our problems.

I still think it was a bad move to loan him out this season. He may not have been as good as we hoped he would be but he was still a useful enough player.

Status
Not open for further replies.