2019/20 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most are agreed on here since yesterday's game love him or loathe him he probably had his best game in an Everton shirt and put a shift in and contributed towards a decent team performance, more of this please Theo.

What has characterized Walcott's career is inconsistency. During one season he always has one or more matches like yesterday, but unfortunately he performs at a fairly low level in the majority of the other matches.

Great performance by Walcott who was on fire from the start...

Walcott set the pace up front with neat quick feet & worked well with Iwobi & Richarlison....

The front three run the west ham defence ragged & with Iwobi playing just behind could easily have been 4-0....

Surprises me that he's never been tried through the middle since coming here. His best attribute is his finishing, and his linkup play is decent enough.

I think several others did as well. By accident or design, the whole picture looked way way better.

I've said it for over a year - you can't play well consistently with a luxury player in such a critical position on the pitch. It's actually worse than starting with 10 men because at least with 10 men you set up with a system and everyone knows their job.

Drop Davies (easy choice) play Gylfi for the blammos and Iwobi for the playmaking.

Bernard and Walcott on the white lines

Ezpz

Status
Not open for further replies.