2019/20 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked like he was really enjoying himself today. Even when he played well for us at the start it didn't look like he was massively enjoying it, but today he really seemed to be enjoying it.

I know that sounds an odd thing to note, but I've always felt with Walcott he's a bit of a confidence player and a little bit softer than your average footballer. He probably needs to be having fun to produce his best. It looked like today he was, he was trying different things and looked confident.

I like how he came off his line on the right too and ran infield. While he's not the most cultured of footballers, he still have fantastic speed, and if he makes runs inside he is dangerous.

Yes absolutely, he's always given me the impression of a player who's quite mentally fragile, he needs the proverbial manager's arm around him and regular reassurance.

When he's really on it, confidence high or at least restored and enjoying his football his ability shines through. Today was one such occasion.

For me today was his best display in a blue shirt and I kept on thinking where has that come from? The talent was always there, it's just making sure he feels good and ready to display it that's the problem.

A huge confidence player whose confidence is too easily rocked.

Was really good today and if his volley went in he would have been motm for me. Player Bernie in for the opener too

Looked like he was really enjoying himself today. Even when he played well for us at the start it didn't look like he was massively enjoying it, but today he really seemed to be enjoying it.

I know that sounds an odd thing to note, but I've always felt with Walcott he's a bit of a confidence player and a little bit softer than your average footballer. He probably needs to be having fun to produce his best. It looked like today he was, he was trying different things and looked confident.

I like how he came off his line on the right too and ran infield. While he's not the most cultured of footballers, he still have fantastic speed, and if he makes runs inside he is dangerous.
Yes absolutely, he's always given me the impression of a player who's quite mentally fragile, he needs the proverbial manager's arm around him and regular reassurance.

When he's really on it, confidence high or at least restored and enjoying his football his ability shines through. Today was one such occasion.

For me today was his best display in a blue shirt and I kept on thinking where has that come from? The talent was always there, it's just making sure he feels good and ready to display it that's the problem.

A huge confidence player whose confidence is too easily rocked.

Both fair views.

One year left on his contract after this season (same as schneiderlin).

I hope that Kean can get up to speed by Jan and we are able to offload Walcott. If he keeps up this level of performance then yes, it asks a question but my view is that hes a depreciating 'asset' on huge wages.

Obviously had a tough time last season but appeared to have a good game off the highlights.

fantastic pass for Bernard (we never score goals where someone breaks the defensive line!!) and very unlucky to score

Both fair views.

I hope that Kean can get up to speed by Jan and we are able to offload Walcott. If he keeps up this level of performance then yes, it asks a question but my view is that hes a depreciating 'asset' on huge wages.

My view on older players, is if they are playing a leading role in the team then they should be accommodated. I don't think anybody could say Walcott didn't do that yesterday. He was fantastic and it's probably the best I've seen him for Everton.

If he can keep that performance level up, that will help Kean as well. It will lower the expectations/pressure on him and allow him to bed into the team more easily.

Yesterday the average age of the team was just over 25, and of the 14 used was about 24.5, so there's no harm in having an experienced player in in certain positions.

Both fair views.

I will drink to that:pint2:cheers.

He played great but I hope Silva does not expect it from him every week because it's unlikely he can offer performances like that on a consistent basis, The alternative is helping Sidibe to settle in which is fair but I think that's our best 11 but swapping Walcott for Kean.

think he is good having around the squad has a good attitude, think he really benefited from having sidebe behind him which could hopefully see a partnership between the two, also have the option to put iwobi rich there two and change it up

Status
Not open for further replies.