2019/20 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really disappointed to hear he went back to being totally crap again on Saturday.

Willing him on to try and string a few decent performances together but it just never seems to happen

I don't think he was crap as such.

He gets chances every single game due to his pace and making good runs. He doesn't convert a lot of the time which is annoying but at least he gets chances. He also gives the opposition something to think about.

When he went off they started to attack us down our right hand side.

I always find we are more balanced when he plays.

He gets chances every single game due to his pace and making good runs. He doesn't convert a lot of the time which is annoying but at least he gets chances. He also gives the opposition something to think about.

I was working Papa so didn't get to listen/watch the match, I wa sjust going by all the updates in the match thread. I read it like he was having another "one of those" games

he definitely was crap to be fair

he doesn't use his pace to his advantage 99% of the time, like Saturday

the chance he did get was about 5 yards out and all he had to do was hit it first time, done well last week but he overall is garbage

Really disappointed to hear he went back to being totally crap again on Saturday.

Willing him on to try and string a few decent performances together but it just never seems to happen

hes about 30 now and its rarely happened in a 14 year career. needs punted in January and only on the bench at best until then

I was working Papa so didn't get to listen/watch the match, I wa sjust going by all the updates in the match thread. I read it like he was having another "one of those" games

Oh it was kind of, frustrating more than anything.

Somehow he does get chances though which is more than can be said for most of our team. If only he would convert some...

he definitely was crap to be fair

he doesn't use his pace to his advantage 99% of the time, like Saturday

the chance he did get was about 5 yards out and all he had to do was hit it first time, done well last week but he overall is garbage

He has two chances like that. I have no idea what he was trying to do.

I would prefer players to get chances and miss them then to not get them at all...actually that doesn't really make sense but you know what I mean...

He has two chances like that. I have no idea what he was trying to do.

I would prefer players to get chances and miss them then to not get them at all...actually that doesn't really make sense but you know what I mean...

I know what you mean, at least he's getting into the space to get chances etc etc, however he's just crap that he doesn't slot them anyway

... and never once had the composure or the skill to get the ball under control.

You weren't watching very closely then, there were quite a few times in the second half where he got on the end of long balls and pulled it down first time. He probably did the same in the first half, but that was down the other end of the pitch so it wasn't so obvious from over a hundred yards away !

Also, although we scored after he was substituted, one of the knock on effects of those changes was that we lost whatever defensive cohesion we had down the right hand side, so it's not just what forwards do going forward that matters ...

Basically, he was OK, but nothing special in Saturday - a 6/10 performance, but players are either world class or hopeless on the interweb !

Status
Not open for further replies.