2018/19 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved his comments, even if I did shake my head at them initially - thinking “hang on, whys he saying that” - aim for it.

If you’re not aiming for the top, even if you don’t achieve it, what game are you playing? Not one that we want, that’s for sure.

What on Earth are you on about? Do you think we should not try to change at all and stay where we are forever? Did Ambramovic say ‘Man Utd own their own stadium, are constantly in the Champions League and have countless trophies, best not try and get past them’.

Football runs in cycles, going into the Premier League, Everton were neck-and-neck with Arsenal. We should be striving to get back to a level where we’re competing for league titles. Or shall we just stop here and accept that our current place is the best it can b for us?
Oh you get me wrong kind sir I want us to be at the very top (again) its been far far too long since I seen us parading silverware.
Would I take being at Arsenals level right now....Damn right I would.
Theo's comments are spot on when we've had to put up with Neville's put down jibes.
This will take maybe years to get to where we want to be , thats not because of the present regime but the failings of the previous encumbants.
All your posts reflect a "I want it & I want it now attitude" maybe take a little time out and look what we've had for 20 yrs cos it wont change overnight.
For now the likes of Walcott will get us to that level , so a little patience is needed.

Oh you get me wrong kind sir I want us to be at the very top (again) its been far far too long since I seen us parading silverware.
Would I take being at Arsenals level right now....Damn right I would.
Theo's comments are spot on when we've had to put up with Neville's put down jibes.
This will take maybe years to get to where we want to be , thats not because of the present regime but the failings of the previous encumbants.
All your posts reflect a "I want it & I want it now attitude" maybe take a little time out and look what we've had for 20 yrs cos it wont change overnight.
For now the likes of Walcott will get us to that level , so a little patience is needed.

Then you’ve got me wrong. Do you not think I recognise the place we’re coming from? In my eyes:

This season - 7th minimum

Next season - 7th minimum, but competing with the top 6

Season after - Start establishing ourselves within the Top 6 again, but challenging for the Champions League places.

Then you’ve got me wrong. Do you not think I recognise the place we’re coming from? In my eyes:

This season - 7th minimum

Next season - 7th minimum, but competing with the top 6

Season after - Start establishing ourselves within the Top 6 again, but challenging for the Champions League places.
I’d say Silva plan is much the same or maybe even fast tracked on that

I’d say Silva plan is much the same or maybe even fast tracked on that
I’ve been critical of Silva all season, and I’m still furious with the contempt he treated the League Cup, but against Leicester we were much improved and we looked to have a style. The big test is at Old Trafford in a couple of weeks.

P
I’ve been critical of Silva all season, and I’m still furious with the contempt he treated the League Cup, but against Leicester we were much improved and we looked to have a style. The big test is at Old Trafford in a couple of weeks.
I didn’t want him either
He was 4th or 5th on my list
His previous defensive frailties had me worried
But I’ve seen progress in nearly every game
You add Mina Gomes and Coleman onto the team that beat Leicester and we are looking at something special if they all perform
Brands and his signings are the key , he will spot the gaps and makes sure Silva filled them
I was amazed to see him in the tunnel last Sat
Like I say I wasn’t in favour of Silva , or Martinez but I was in favour of Koeman , so what do I know
Silva is here now and I’ll back till he’s gone or at least shows he not up to it
So far he’s shown he has the potential to do the job

Very strange sense of imagination you Zat.Walcotts not going anywhere mate.

If Brands / Silva really wanted Lozano dont you think he'd be here already. Had all summer to make a move for him and not a peep....from us or any other club.
I really like Lozano but one thing is for sure it wont be at Theo's expense.

Why not? Walcott isnt a top player...

Say What ?
You think we should be at a higher level than Arsenal ?
Thats just crazy , they own their own top of the range stadium , 19 successive years of Champions lge . Countless trophies .New manager and backing that can attract the very best players in football.
Your credability is slipping by each post.

Arsenal squad and management or our squad and management?

Id take ours...we look like building something and they look in trouble in the next 2 seasons...will fall away from the top 4.

What on Earth are you on about? Do you think we should not try to change at all and stay where we are forever? Did Ambramovic say ‘Man Utd own their own stadium, are constantly in the Champions League and have countless trophies, best not try and get past them’.

Football runs in cycles, going into the Premier League, Everton were neck-and-neck with Arsenal. We should be striving to get back to a level where we’re competing for league titles. Or shall we just stop here and accept that our current place is the best it can b for us?

We will overtake them in 2 seasons time...no problem. The stadium being ready in the next 4-5 seasons will be the icing on the cake and help us to sustain a top 4 position.

Why not? Walcott isnt a top player...

Arsenal squad and management or our squad and management?

Id take ours...we look like building something and they look in trouble in the next 2 seasons...will fall away from the top 4.

We will overtake them in 2 seasons time...no problem. The stadium being ready in the next 4-5 seasons will be the icing on the cake and help us to sustain a top 4 position.
No mate.
Walcott is top draw Zat.

Hope you're right about the rest.

No mate.
Walcott is top draw Zat.

Hope you're right about the rest.

Top draw? How so...how would you rate him compared to other right sided players from top european sides?

For me, hes a good player and inconsistent...think he would be great for someone like southampton but for us, compared to richarlison and bernard...no way close.

Top draw? How so...how would you rate him compared to other right sided players from top european sides?

For me, hes a good player and inconsistent...think he would be great for someone like southampton but for us, compared to richarlison and bernard...no way close.
Oh Zat
In case it escapes your attention we havent been able to compare anyone ( or anything btw) to the top european sides you speak of for a long time.
For now ( and especially the time we signed him) he is vastly better than the options we had . Thats not to say we shouldnt always want better , but we signed a topdraw , proven Premier level , England international wide man that has a great goalscoring record for a very decent price .He's a class player that frightens to death any defenders he's up against.
Dont see why you cant see this , maybe you think there's a queue of Europe's top wide men busting a gut to sign for us.

I like him. He’s a likeable guy.

This.

I must say, I was always under the impression that he was an egotistical arrogant kind of a guy when he was at Arsenal (not that I watched too many of his interviews back then, mind you :p).

But now that he's here, I have gotten a real feel for his character. He really does come across as a genuinely down to earth lad.

It just shows you... You really can't judge a book by its cover.

Just looking at the Premier League you can probably make a case for him to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 5th or 6th best. No argument that Salah, Sterling, Mahrez and Willian are better. Bernardo Silva is too but he might be a central midfielder at this point. Mane is also better but he hasn't played the right in awhile. After those names I'd take Walcott before anyone else.

Oh Zat
In case it escapes your attention we havent been able to compare anyone ( or anything btw) to the top european sides you speak of for a long time.
For now ( and especially the time we signed him) he is vastly better than the options we had . Thats not to say we shouldnt always want better , but we signed a topdraw , proven Premier level , England international wide man that has a great goalscoring record for a very decent price .He's a class player that frightens to death any defenders he's up against.
Dont see why you cant see this , maybe you think there's a queue of Europe's top wide men busting a gut to sign for us.
Just looking at the Premier League you can probably make a case for him to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 5th or 6th best. No argument that Salah, Sterling, Mahrez and Willian are better. Bernardo Silva is too but he might be a central midfielder at this point. Mane is also better but he hasn't played the right in awhile. After those names I'd take Walcott before anyone else.

I think if we even look within our own squad, Richarlison and Bernard are far superior players.

If we were able to add another player of that quality on the right then we'd have one of the best in the league.

I think Walcott is a good player, nothing more and for the wages, transfer fee and age his ability and inconsistency is not on par.

Status
Not open for further replies.