2018/19 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
STILL? Still a top player? Remind me when he became one because I seemed to miss that
Think he’s pulling your leg (at least I hope he is).

Walcott has always been pace, and no end product. His spell at Arsenal is indicative of their decline. He should have been binned to mid table fodder after it was clear he would never develop into being any good. Fellow pros know what they are talking about.

Roy Keane.

Rio Ferdinand...”he hasn’t evolved”

Walcott has always been pace, and no end product. His spell at Arsenal is indicative of their decline. He should have been binned to mid table fodder after it was clear he would never develop into being any good. Fellow pros know what they are talking about.

Roy Keane.

I will listen to Keane, for all his faults.. I like him.

I won't give Rio the drug taking beaut the time of day.

I've got mixed feelings about Theo. He seems to be fit and strong, and still have pace, but I cant work out why we can't get his end product, shots or final passes right. If you think about it it's still cool to have someone like him in our squad, and he could have even been a role model to the younger English players, because he's at least been to World CUps and been in the England squad a lot, but somehow nobody can get the best out of him. At Arsenal he had the motivation of younger players pushing him, the possibility of trophies - if not the premier league - and here he's got the same - a long-term prospect of pushing for trophies and Lookman, Bernard and Richarlison pushing him for his place - he's not a guaranteed starter. I wish we could work this out, as he is definitely a 15 goal and 10 assist type of player, if he only had that upgrade ...how long can we wait for potential though? He still looks like a raw 22 year old sometimes¬

If he could finish he could have gotten 10 goals at least last season, His attacking movement is better than anyone at the club, He knows where to run where to be but his finishing is so awful and in some games he just drifts by without contributing much at all and that's happened too many times.
I can see him being a useful option off the bench but with the wages he is on we should be expecting better.

Roy Keane.

That's pretty spot on. Hes such a frustrating player, he looked like he was on a completely different level when he came in. Since then hes done what he always does, inconsistent, in and out of the team and ultimately is a squad player now. Id rather we give his spot in the squad to lookman, we dont know how lookman will turn out but if the last 14 years is anything to go by we know exactly what we can expect from walcott. More of the same.

If he could finish he could have gotten 10 goals at least last season, His attacking movement is better than anyone at the club, He knows where to run where to be but his finishing is so awful and in some games he just drifts by without contributing much at all and that's happened too many times.
I can see him being a useful option off the bench but with the wages he is on we should be expecting better.

He doesn’t work well with Coleman at all. That’s why he doesn’t contribute much at all I feel. With a different right back he might be more involved and offer more in general play. I’m not sure which of them is more at fault though or if it’s just a combination that doesn’t work.

I've got mixed feelings about Theo. He seems to be fit and strong, and still have pace, but I cant work out why we can't get his end product, shots or final passes right. If you think about it it's still cool to have someone like him in our squad, and he could have even been a role model to the younger English players, because he's at least been to World CUps and been in the England squad a lot, but somehow nobody can get the best out of him. At Arsenal he had the motivation of younger players pushing him, the possibility of trophies - if not the premier league - and here he's got the same - a long-term prospect of pushing for trophies and Lookman, Bernard and Richarlison pushing him for his place - he's not a guaranteed starter. I wish we could work this out, as he is definitely a 15 goal and 10 assist type of player, if he only had that upgrade ...how long can we wait for potential though? He still looks like a raw 22 year old sometimes¬

i've just never felt he's a good footballer, never had a good brain, he just had explosive speed, without that i doubt he'd have made it as a professional. Sometimes his finises can be classy and calm, so like you say, he should have no excuses for not reaching those figures, but his whole career he's sort of stayed at that same level.

would be one of the first people I would be looking to sell

don't really dislike him as he seems sound enough, but he's on high wages and he just doesn't produce, that 6 months spell from say September- February was one of the worst contributions to the team I've seen in a long long while

As much as some other wingers in our squad are overvalued when looking at what they actually contributed, I feel Walcott is undervalued. I agree he hasn't delivered what we expected but I give him credit for getting into a lot better positions further up the field and creating goal scoring opportunities. He is a good team man it seems and doesn't create drama which makes him nice to work with for a manager. As a substitute winger I'm more than happy. Wouldn't want him starting however as we really need more, but I don't get all the hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.