2018/19 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
As in the case of Lukaku? Or Niasse? Both good goalscorers,one not so bad footballer, and one by popular consensus terrible?

To be honest, the goalscoring stats flatter both of their overall games too.

There are of course great players with great stats, but the lesson is that you can’t just rate a player based purely on the stats.

Slightly over 1 in 4 for Arsenal,mostly from the wing. THen playing in an ultra defensive Allardyce team, and a tactically poor Silva team?

He got into double figures once in his career. If he was as good as people think he was Wenger would have had him front and centre, but he didn’t. He was used for his pace on the counter

He got into double figures once in his career. If he was as good as people think he was Wenger would have had him front and centre, but he didn’t. He was used for his pace on the counter

Which is how Allardyce and Silva have used him, and its why he continues to get games at Everton. He is one of the few who can be an effective out ball, even when out of form, or carrying an ankle injury, both of which he is.

He doesn’t have any of the attributes to be a no 9.

I don't thik I've suggested that he has. We don't really know until we try it, and in our over hyped 'desperation' for a striker maybe he should be given a go. Richarliso, subject to for and desire, and Bernard on the wings....Lookman is not ready to start in my opinion, and would be an impact sub. So, a front three of Richarlison,Walcott,Bernard might just work, with Siggy just behind.

I don't thik I've suggested that he has. We don't really know until we try it, and in our over hyped 'desperation' for a striker maybe he should be given a go. Richarliso, subject to for and desire, and Bernard on the wings....Lookman is not ready to start in my opinion, and would be an impact sub. So, a front three of Richarlison,Walcott,Bernard might just work, with Siggy just behind.

You do realise that the front 4 you have just said , have been playing most of the season and we have been gash?

Remember when Walcott first joined, he was like a breath of fresh air and easily our best player for a decent period. Crap now innit.

Indeed they were alongside the likes of Owen, Carragher, Fowler, Ablett, Reid McManama and McMahon, to name a few...

All who were completely committed to their respective clubs and it was shown on the pitch. Whether Walcott is the same is still out for debate, at least for me.
Yeah. Would love to see lookman consign him to the dustbin of history, just because they would mean lookman was realising his potential. Unfortunately he's not quite doing it yet.

Remember when Walcott first joined, he was like a breath of fresh air and easily our best player for a decent period. Crap now innit.

Dead right. The same MO as at Arsenal. A few good games every so often and indifference for months. He just never assumes
responsibility, barely ever crosses, and has become a problem with a long-term contract. Maybe we can pay half his wages and farm him out to Soton
or China next season. Otherwise the lazy so and so will be winding us for a few more years.

Status
Not open for further replies.