2018/19 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Youve totally lost me...what is the 'one thing' Walcott offers?

We need players able to pass and keep the ball against teams we sit back against.

So you don't think he offers speed?? The ONLY thing he offers you have totally missed?!
Bizarre

Oh I totally agree but, he offers one thing and it's our only weapon against them. Bernard or Lookman would get swamped by their midfield as soon they got the ball, we need an outlet and theo is the only thing I can think of. TBH it is frightening how little option we have against their pace.

I'd normally agree tbh mate but he's been given so many chances that he really doesn't deserve to start.

Some of these players aren't good enough and Walcott is one of them who has under performed massively. Our front line I think has been the main issue because none of them have retained possession, or offered a serious threat consistently enough. The 2 times Tuesday where we actually managed to hold onto the ball we gave enough time for Gylfi to get in the box and get on the end of something

Richarlison and Walcott have been the main culprits imo to us turning the ball over far too quick.

I want Bernard on the left for sure and on the right....well I ain't sure Lookman has done enough either but he certainly hasn't been given a run of 20 odd games playing way under what's required so who knows.

Silva needs to stop picking players who don't deserve to be in the side and Walcott for sure is one of them

( Hopefully he scores a hatrrick now pipes me right down (

I'd normally agree tbh mate but he's been given so many chances that he really doesn't deserve to start.

Some of these players aren't good enough and Walcott is one of them who has under performed massively. Our front line I think has been the main issue because none of them have retained possession, or offered a serious threat consistently enough. The 2 times Tuesday where we actually managed to hold onto the ball we gave enough time for Gylfi to get in the box and get on the end of something

Richarlison and Walcott have been the main culprits imo to us turning the ball over far too quick.

I want Bernard on the left for sure and on the right....well I ain't sure Lookman has done enough either but he certainly hasn't been given a run of 20 odd games playing way under what's required so who knows.

Silva needs to stop picking players who don't deserve to be in the side and Walcott for sure is one of them

( Hopefully he scores a hatrrick now pipes me right down (

I 100% agree with you on all of that. The only reason I would play theo in this game (none others) is for counter, he can at least offer a threat of pace on the break.

It's shocking how little threat we have at the moment.

I 100% agree with you on all of that. The only reason I would play theo in this game (none others) is for counter, he can at least offer a threat of pace on the break.

It's shocking how little threat we have at the moment.

I know mate, I feel a bit sorry for Silva in the sense he has actually tried a combination of different front 3 players and none of them have seemed to work.

I'd say Bernard deserves to start, DCL deserves to start and on the right....someone just mentioned Kenny and Coleman, funnily enough probably not the worst shout when you see how bad Walcott has been.

I think he'll pick Walcott again, I think Lookman will be a tad unlucky but for whatever reason we haven't been able to get too much out of him from the minutes he's been given so I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench again.

Another interesting one will be Schneiderlin and if he keeps his place above Gomes who is another player who has underperformed for a massive chunk of the season.

I know mate, I feel a bit sorry for Silva in the sense he has actually tried a combination of different front 3 players and none of them have seemed to work.

I'd say Bernard deserves to start, DCL deserves to start and on the right....someone just mentioned Kenny and Coleman, funnily enough probably not the worst shout when you see how bad Walcott has been.

I think he'll pick Walcott again, I think Lookman will be a tad unlucky but for whatever reason we haven't been able to get too much out of him from the minutes he's been given so I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench again.

Another interesting one will be Schneiderlin and if he keeps his place above Gomes who is another player who has underperformed for a massive chunk of the season.

I was going to suggest DCL on the right but feared getting grief. At least he can offer a physicality. We need to play like Bayern did against them , our full backs essentially stay back and defend try and stifle Salah and Mane, let the forwards and MF do the rest. Someone needs to occupy Robertson and Trent. Man for man we need to take it to them.

I was going to suggest DCL on the right but feared getting grief. At least he can offer a physicality. We need to play like Bayern did against them , our full backs essentially stay back and defend try and stifle Salah and Mane, let the forwards and MF do the rest. Someone needs to occupy Robertson and Trent. Man for man we need to take it to them.

Yep gotta keep their full backs occupied because they bypass the midfield in the main and it's the fullbacks who stretch the pitch for them

So you don't think he offers speed?? The ONLY thing he offers you have totally missed?!
Bizarre

What use is speed for a player who lacks any effectiveness?

Usain Bolt has speed and couldnt get a contract in Australia.

So no, I dont see any value in starting a very poor player in a derby game because he has 'speed'.

To be honest i find it bizarre to play someone in a team when their sole attribute is a physical one.

In derby games out wide you need effective players, not ineffective players.

Yep gotta keep their full backs occupied because they bypass the midfield in the main and it's the fullbacks who stretch the pitch for them

I'm hoping the 17 day break for Bernard has given him time to really work on his fitness/stamina after missing out on pre season. If he can just start adding a goal threat to his game that would do us the world of good

What use is speed for a player who lacks any effectiveness?

Usain Bolt has speed and couldnt get a contract in Australia.

So no, I dont see any value in starting a very poor player in a derby game because he has 'speed'.

To be honest i find it bizarre to play someone in a team when their sole attribute is a physical one.

In derby games out wide you need effective players, not ineffective players.

Cool, play slow payers against their rapid attack and gugenpress (SP).

Status
Not open for further replies.