Votes: 13 6.9%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 39 20.6%
  • Koeman IN

Votes: 77 40.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd prefer buying someone who is already class rather than pining your hopes on potential. There's nothing to say he's going to be good, the world is full of players who were "class at 20"

Yep but i dont think we can buy the best players....

the class players for me as an example would be Koulibaly as a foreigner overseas or Van Dijk as a prem foreigner.

could we get them?

If not then Davinson at Ajax is class as well but u21 with lots of potential...

imo we go for the class players then the u21 top players if we cant get the best....not settle for bolasie or sissoko types.

Football is the beautiful game, at it's best it's romantic. And what romance to have an Evertonian manage our club and do well.

I for one enjoy the idea.

Regarding Davek's thoughts, I can understand the about-face as Stubbs was a Moyes-lite option, whereas Unsworth is potentially an option which marries the enthusiastic attacking nous of a Roberto team with the defensive discipline of the Moyes era.

That Davek post you've quoted is hilarious. The same guy who was slating Kenwright for interviewing Stubbs three years ago is now in favour of appointing his academy successor to manage the club. Total about face which just shows he speaks whatever tosh suits his agenda.

As for Unsworth in general, who cares if it would be good for English football ? All that matters is what's good for Everton. We're a top 8 premier league side, appointing somebody with no management experience in such a competitive league would be a terrible decision. The fact that he's got 'blue blood' is not going to win games. We're not in a Disney film.

not many clubs would have a chance against chelsea at the moment...certainly not through mirroring their system with a weeks training on it ;)

I can see weaknesses all over the pitch, however i think we need to sort out the keeper and defence first and a new top midfielder...at least then we are solid at the back.

the forward players were fine last season to a point but we need quality at the back so we can get up the pitch without worrying about a leaky defence.
To be fair Zat, apart from the Chelsea game when we changed formation and were also without Geuye, the defence hasn't really been the problem imo. It's the lack of creativity that concerns me.

Yep but i dont think we can buy the best players....

the class players for me as an example would be Koulibaly as a foreigner overseas or Van Dijk as a prem foreigner.

could we get them?

If not then Davinson at Ajax is class as well but u21 with lots of potential...

imo we go for the class players then the u21 top players if we cant get the best....not settle for bolasie or sissoko types.

Imagine if they turn out to be plop then you're back to square one. Or imagine if they don't develop, can't cope with the pressure, can't settle away from their family.

You buy players to fit a system, not to hope they develop

What would have happened if Barca did that with Pep?

Totally see where you are coming from and yes sometimes great things happen when you are just thrown into the job. Problem is though it's fairly easy to be successful when you have players at your disposal the like of Barcelona and Bayern, could Pep do a job with us? Least he has a set way of playing I suppose unlike what we are seeing now! It would be far too easy to put Unsworth in charge and then bin him off if things aren't going well.

To me you just have to learn the trade and then come back and manage us, we can't allow any manager (or player for that matter*) time to learn whilst they are here, we need finished articles.

*Barkley may be an exception to that rule but if he doesn't take it to the next level soon I would be willing to replace him.

Sorry mate.

There's some dross in there mixed with some quality who are sadly getting towards the end of their careers.

Makes you wonder how many of us not so very long ago thought this was the best squad we've had in decades. Maybe Martinez was actually a better coach than we are giving him credit forlol

He bought Kone twice. End of discussion

I can give you two whole seasons of reasons why he's not.
I can give you two whole seasons of reasons why he's not.
I know what you mean. And his endless waffling and bullshitting used to annoy the hell out of me.

Yes it was frustrating as hell watching us win or draw games we should have won. And his stubbornness and game management drove me insane at times. But his teams did entertain us too from time to time.

I know it's a work in progress, but at the moment we're still getting all the bad traits of the Martinez era, but none of the good ones. A lot of what we put down as bad management from Martinez we are now accepting is partly down to the quality of the playing staff.

I'd never consider taking him back like, and think Koeman should definitely be given time to bring in the players to suit his playing style. I'm just making an observation.

You've got to admit. It's pretty dross at the moment.

Here's the side Unsworth picked against Norwich last season where we won 3-0 with TWO DAYS for him to prepare!!!

Howard
Pennington/ Kenny
Stones
Jagielka
Baines
McCarthy / Lennon
Barry
Dowell / Barkley
Davies
Mirallas
Lukaku

Unsworth indicated that the four starlets are the tip of an iceberg of talent coming up through the ranks at Goodison Park and hopes Martinez's successor is someone who has the desire to nurture them.

He added: "I've been saying for a couple of years that there's not just a couple of players in each age group; we've got an abundance of quality. We probably have seven or eight players who, in my opinion, are either ready now or will be ready in 12 months' time.

"That will be the skill of the manager: can he blend top, established players with a new generation of unbelievable talent? Tom and Kieran and Jonjoe and Matty – their pedigree is of the highest level. They've played for England all the way through the age groups. All they needed is the opportunity and they've got that today and they've certainly taken it.

"If you watched that performance, you know that Kieran, Tom, Matty and Jonjoe are here to stay, and you build a team around that."

Happy enthusiastic players in the side all enjoying themselves and playing fluid entertaining football with pressing all over the pitch. Seven or eight youth players ready or nearly ready to come through.

That's what I want to see...not turgid football...like Unsworth says, we could build a team around the young exciting players who all looked like winners compared to this lot.

Make it happen farhad.

You been on the Christmas sherry .:yellow:

To be fair Zat, apart from the Chelsea game when we changed formation and were also without Geuye, the defence hasn't really been the problem imo. It's the lack of creativity that concerns me.

i think @davek nailed it.

weve gone deep and put more bodies back which has stunted our ability to get forward.

with top defenders who have pace and can pass we can play a high line so were already on the front foot ;)

Imagine if they turn out to be plop then you're back to square one. Or imagine if they don't develop, can't cope with the pressure, can't settle away from their family.

You buy players to fit a system, not to hope they develop

then were screwed...

need to get more right than wrong

have a system and sign good players who can add to the system and become great.

Football is the beautiful game, at it's best it's romantic. And what romance to have an Evertonian manage our club and do well.

I for one enjoy the idea.

Regarding Davek's thoughts, I can understand the about-face as Stubbs was a Moyes-lite option, whereas Unsworth is potentially an option which marries the enthusiastic attacking nous of a Roberto team with the defensive discipline of the Moyes era.

What are you basing this analysis of their football management on ?

I know what you mean. And his endless waffling and bullshitting used to annoy the hell out of me.

Yes it was frustrating as hell watching us win or draw games we should have won. And his stubbornness and game management drove me insane at times. But his teams did entertain us too from time to time.

I know it's a work in progress, but at the moment we're still getting all the bad traits of the Martinez era, but none of the good ones. A lot of what we put down as bad management from Martinez we are now accepting is partly down to the quality of the playing staff.

I'd never consider taking him back like, and think Koeman should definitely be given time to bring in the players to suit his playing style. I'm just making an observation.

You've got to admit. It's pretty dross at the moment.

Most of the issues the side has at the minute are down to Martinez to be honest.

From the mad (lack of) Work ethic, to the awful signings he made which we can't get rid of (Lennon, Kone, Niasse, McGeady to name a few). He failed to address the squad properly during his time here and Koeman is having to pick up the pieces.

I'm not completely sold on Koeman to be honest, but he's got a heck of a job on his hands because of the last clown.

then were screwed...

need to get more right than wrong

have a system and sign good players who can add to the system and become great.

It's impossible to know though, you can't just say get more right than wrong because it's almost impossible to determine who will step up and make it. All signings are gambles, young ones even more because they have a lot to deal with

Listen it makes a lovely story for people putting forward for the job and yes it would be a popular choice amongst Everton fans. Then you consider the facts, unsworth's only previous managerial experience is PNE boss for a short period. Yes he beat an already relegated team in his only match in charge, but taking over the mess that Martinez left is a huge job for any manager, even more so for one with so little managerial experience. Unsworth needs another successful managerial appointment at least at championship level before he should even be considered for the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.