The Super Tim Cahill Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gutted he's going, but as most people realise it's a good move for everybody involved. (Now booking a nice little weekend in NY)

Even after a nights sleep and a full working day, I still haven't come to terms with this. Just can't imagine we have to make do withour our very own blue kangaroo in our squad next season.

Guess to be totally honest, you could see the writing on the wall for the past 2 seasons, but still came as a major blow to me. Downhearted here, but also very proud for all the passion, pride and commitment he put in our club.

Farewell Timmy Cahill, thanks for all the great memories and best of luck across the pond.

At least he won't be playing for another English team this way.

He definately does want to go, he asked moyes / kenwright to allow him to leave thats why he's going for next to nothing.

Given us the best years of his career(as did Arteta),all good things come to an end,you deserve your last big pay day mate.Thanks for the memories Skippy lad.

this is the worst case imaginable.

I'm from DC, am a big DC United Support, and have learned to hate redbull/metroscum for about as long as i've loved Everton. Cahill has always been my favorite player over the past 6 or so years of my support for Everton, now the thought of him playing for that overpriced flashy shower of **** of a team is unimaginable.

I still can't believe the timing, I always figured he was close enough that he would stick it out until he earned a proper testimonial, and that he wouldn't leave except to go back to australia. I haven't been a fan of Everton for very long i guess, but he was mr. everton to me. i literally gagged when i saw a picture of a redbull shirt, and pictured him holding one up.

Big Time Cahill

I still want to cry. Can we get him back on loan in January FFS??

People keep saying that but he doesn't offer us anything on the pitch that improves us anymore.

What we all really just want is to give him a proper farewell. We don't have to re-sign him to do that.

He plays in Hibbert's testimonial - has to.

He'll be back this season - maybe not on the pitch playing but definitely back where the supporters can pay their fair due.

Dismayed to see the one who truly gets it depart but the writing was on the wall. Highly impressed that Everton, as skint as can be, didn't make the transfer fee a big deal. Everton could have held out for a larger fee but kudos for them for moving out of the way. Cahill can play in MLS for another 3-4 years at a high pay rate before going to the A-League as a striker emeritus for some Oz side.

Good travels, cobber.

As an Everton fan first, and as someone who also supports the Red Bulls, this is a win-win. By adding him to the Red Bulls roster, and subtracting him from Everton's, both clubs improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.